Oh, let's rank this!
Ahh yes. I love Nick's videos. I think Mads should do something like this on YouTube, because girl knows her shit. Also, I'd be her co-host and would play devil's advocate, of course.
I think we all have our favorite style(s) and I'm very curious about your favs. So, tell us (it's between us and the internet). What style(s) kinda rings your bell? It's usually a combination, with me, and you know that cause you’ve seen my place.
So go ahead. I know you have opinions…
XOXO
I prefer Blender Decor, where you blend this style with that style, which includes just about everything except items from Post Modern... yeuch.
ReplyDeleteI know, Post Modern is just way too much. Weird but not whimsical.
DeleteIt's a no.
And the only problem with blending too many styles is that it gets too maximalist for my taste.
XOXO
10.Modern Farmhouse. Times up.
ReplyDelete9. Maximalist. I say hoarder.
8. Post-Modern. Why? Kitschy but not quirky.
7. Bohemian. I like the mix of different cultures and artisans.
6. Traditional. Feels too planned.
5. Midcentury. Love the sleek retro of it. The wood and glass.
4. Organic Modern. I can't with the monochromatic of it, but love the use of texture and stone.
3. Zen. Love the simplicity but it also feels a little too arranged, too "don't touch."
2. Art Deco. I'd need a platinum blond dye job and a silk peignoir trimmed in fur to feel at home.
1. Scandinavian is really midcentury organic modern Zen. I like bolder colors.
I like some of all, except for Boho and Art Deco. I like minimalism but bold colors; I like a surprise or art pieces. I like lived in and touchable.
xoxo
I don't mind Boho and Art Deco? You gave me such an indelible impression with that description that now I cannot think about anything but you with a blond dye job in a silk peignoir with trimmed fur.
DeleteI swear!!
XOXO
Big says,
ReplyDeleteMid-Century Modern blended to Organic Modern blended to Industrial. And Minimalist because too much "stuff" makes me a bit crazy.
Weird, huh?
I've always liked Art Deco --- but only the architecture of it, not interior design.
XOXO
Ohhh
DeleteThe Art Deco architecture is fabulous!
I do like some touches of Art Deco in interior design, though. It's so pretty!!!
XOXO
Although I like elements of many of those styles (such as Scandi, Art Deco, Zen, and Boho), I would not want to live in any place decorated exclusively in just the one style. I like eclecticism, just a little bit of everything I like that is meaningful to me. And I agree with Bob -- "Maximalist. I say hoarder."
ReplyDeleteGreat point.
DeleteThen it looks like it came out of a catalog, right??
It does need some weird touches to add personality.
XOXO
Well, you know I have long said trends belong in fashion not homes...they are to expensive. My advice to friends, clients in the past and advice in the showroom is to find your style and stick with and then build upon it. I also a huge advocate of mixing styles when it makes sense. Which is why I consider myself a transitional person, a blend of different styles, which show the personality of the person living there. I currently have a Modern Traditional/ mid-century mostly with touches of Modern Organic yet have a Sheraton desk which was my great grandmothers close to 120 years old. And I don't know if her parents had it before her.
ReplyDeleteBut it I have to rate these style...least to favorite..
10 Post modern- WHY???? There comes a time to grow up and leave romper room behind. Far to chaotic.
9- Japanese Zen- far to minimal for me. Bording clinical.
8- Modern Farmhouse- Can you say TIRED? Every fricking suburban Starbucks drinking PTA family and those loudmouth annoying influence bitches who all dress in nothing but whites and taupes have this style!!! I do agree with this guy. If you do this Johanna Gaines did it right and keeps it fresh.
7- Maximalist- I like it, but if not done right it is far to much and becomes museum like.
6- Bohemian- Meh. Do I look like a Free People cunt? I keep the bohemian in the weed and absinthe consumption and group sex thank you.
5- Art Deco. Very classy and chic...but watch it doesn't become to niche...it gets overpowering. Touches in a room as a statement piece say can be sharp though.
4- Scadinavian- I do like it even though it's not me. Just still a bit to clinical. But could work with it if I had too.
3- Organic Modern- I like this and have mixed touches of it into my home. I think this is going to explode bigger.
2- Mid-Century and 1- Modern Traditional are hot right now with the new take on these older styles now. These two combines are more me than any other. And contrary to many, other styles meld well into these if you know what your doing. The Modern Traditional and Rustic Traditional are huge in the showroom right now. And they mix well together. I just helped one of the home consultants do a whole house. They brought me in to they owe me...the sale came to almost $90,000! He is going to get a nice commission!!! He said he owes me.I said take me to a fine restaurant with gins and show me a good time! He is a cutie! Little does he know how much I can put away! LOL!!!!! And how long I can suck a dick.
Now when does this show with us start?
OMG I knew you'd BRING IT!
DeleteI loathe Modern Farmhouse and I loathe Gaines. Ugh.
I love Mid Century. Love the lines and love the style. Not to the letter, because then I feel like I live in I Love Lucy, but yes.
And this should has got to happen!!!!!
We need to get our own YouTube channel/podcast.
XOXO