Oh, Gay Classics...?
I think we all need to go back to school when it comes to Gay classics.
Why? Because as things are going in this country, we may not have them anymore if Project 20025 gets away with its nefarious plans. Reading as an act of rebellion? Yes. Anti-intellectualism is a precursor of fascism, after all. And thinking about that, here are the first five LGBTQ-themed books I ever read as a recently minted gayling:





And why would this be important, you'd ask? Well, because seeing ourselves or people like us in art and literature is fundamental. If we don't want to be erased, we need representation.
And you, Constant Reader, what's in your list?
XOXO
![]()
I've read most of these, and many others over the years.
ReplyDeletexoxo
Big says,
ReplyDeleteThe only one I even knew about was Baldwin's. You'd think I'd have at least heard about Forster's..... Terrible that I haven't read either one. That must be rectified.
But, yes, the 2025 bullshit would have everything LGBT erased, including us.
XOXO