Go back in time

Show more

L.P.



Ok, so this is what happened: I discovered L.P. back in 2008, so I have basically followed her for what, more than ten years? Whoa. Time flies.

I have seen her live at Ravinia and she's every bit as fantastic live as she is in her videos. Maybe even more. She was opening for Roxy Music and all I can remember is her set.  L.P. has the voice, of course, but it's mostly her presence on stage what makes her such a magnetic performer. Well, that and those intimate lyrics. She's also quite attractive, IMHO. Handsome, I'd say. She's got the swagger and she's got the rock star aura. Think The Lizard King meets K.D. Lang and you'll be pretty much right. And that voice....

Here, let me treat you:




Her live performances, really



This one I saw her perform live and to tell you the truth, it gives me life.



Note: she DOES play the ukulele live.

And here's two of my faves:





She's grown as an artist and I'm glad they're paying attention to her. Her videos are well produced and you can see there's care and money going in them. Still, I think she's an absolutely underappreciated singer songwriter who does not fit any one of the pop categories that make money, so of course, she won't be on your radio any time soon. That may be what gives her the freedom to be HER (she's done the big label thing but of course they did not know what to do with her) and I think that being an indie artist fits her just right.

I also find her undeniable queerness to be one of her selling points: she likes women and it shows. And that, my dear is what makes me like her. Well, that and that fantastic voice.

Enjoy!

XOXO

P.S. 'Good with You' still gives me goosebumps.

Heart To Mouth: https://lp.lnk.to/HeartToMouthID
Website: http://iamlp.com
Facebook: http://facebook.com/iamLP
Twitter: http://twitter.com/iamlp
Instagram: http://instagram.com/iamlpofficial

And getting a little bit more personal, with a background check:




Comments

  1. What a great voice.I'd never heard of her before. Thanks for the intro.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So... in other words, are you trying to say you're a fan? Lol. I am having trouble getting the videos but I like what I'm hearing so will check back later.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful alto voice! I'm so tired of female vocalists sounding like they've been inhaling helium.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous6/23/2019

    A radio station in Barcelona played her songs a year ago or so, while promoting Lost on You.
    This Summer she is coming to Barcelona for a concert. I got the tickets a month ago and it was almost sold out.
    She is great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Bob: yes, it is! She's also a songwriter, so that's an extra plus right there.
    @Steven: Haha yes, I am! And you should. She's worth it.
    @Debra: I think so too. In a world of cookie-cutters she really stands out.
    @Dave: I thought the same thing the first time I heard her. Absolutely outstanding.
    @hotdardo: That's awesome! She's been all over the world. Funny how she's more appreciated abroad than here. Well, funny but not surprising....

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Go ahead, give it to me.

Translate

Followers

Popular Posts

En otra lengua

Restricted to Adults

Restricted to Adults
Under 18? Beat it. Now.