Go back in time

Show more

Shǔ

SILVERJOW


Happy year of the rat!
The Year of the Rat starts on January 25th. For all those Rats out there, this is your year! Enjoy it! All in all,  I find horoscopes and any kind of device or ritual that attempts to predict the future very entertaining. If only because their descriptions are general enough and oddly specific enough at the same time that they make us find commonalities even when deep down we know that it may not be us. I’m supposed to be a Tiger (with one or two qualifiers, but you get the gist):

For the men, it is an harder year: the Yang Metal of this specific Rat year means that they are under attack and will be criticised for their hasty behaviour. It is then a good time to look into the mirror, male Tigers, and revise your approach. Are you being clumsy, too forceful, too aggressive when flirting? Most probably…If a message on your behaviour keeps repeating, you should listen to it and see how you could approach situations differently. See it as an opportunity to grow…

Can you imagine something less precise than that? It could mean almost anything. Still, I think that as with the Gregorian calendar New Year (I already stated that I don't have any specific resolutions for 2020) I'll stick with my desire to be a better person. I think that'll keep all my bases covered. And will keep me out of trouble. Hopefully?

Of course, one cannot help but wonder;

The Water of Rat helps Wood of Tiger to grow. You will often meet someone cares about you. The Water of Rat and Earth of Tiger have attraction relationship into Fire. That implies your social relationship is good. As long as you are eager for a love relationship and attend more social activities, then you still have a good chance to find your compatible match. The Rat is also one of the romantic stars in Chinese horoscopes. When you meet the person you like, you might fall in love at first sight.

I have no idea what that means, but it sounds intriguing. The romantic idea of love at first sight is something that fascinates me. Could that be possible? I guess I've been reading way too many M/M bodice rippers.

In any case, happy Year of the Rat! May your Ying and your Yang be in perfect harmony.

XOXO

Comments

  1. Happy New Year! I quit reading horoscopes, a matter of interpretation and they are always right or wrong.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? I think they're entertaining, but I always forget what they say. Some cultures really take them seriously.

      XOXO

      Delete
  2. Happy Rat Year, babe. May all good things happen. And keep that ying happy 😜

    XOXO 👨‍❤️‍💋‍👨

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a horse. but I don't believe in horror-scopes, as my grandmother used to call them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oddly, I am Year of the Dog.Don't tell Tuxedo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know what year I am. I bumble along as best I can, though. I sure as hell hope this year is an improvement over last. So far, it is! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fingers crossed this year is better!
      Some years have a slow start, right?

      XOXO

      Delete
  6. I'm still in the year of the Cock! My how time flies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honey, aren't we all? That's my fav sign *wink*

      XOXO

      Delete
  7. I'm a dragon... go figure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...And this does not surprise me. At all. LOL
      Oh, Dave.

      XOXO

      Delete

Post a Comment

Go ahead, give it to me.

Translate

Followers

Popular Posts

En otra lengua

Restricted to Adults

Restricted to Adults
Under 18? Beat it. Now.