Go back in time

Show more

Delegated



First things first: Did you see how those pants fit? And yes, I'd let Mayor Pete tap it. Hard. Yes, Creampie is an option with him. Yes, I'd let Chasten join in or watch, whatever he's in the mood for at that moment (I met someone who dated Chasten and he had stories!). Yes, I would like to hear Mayor Pete’s deep voice in my ear saying 'New Hampshire is next’'. And now that THAT is out of the way, let's talk about the amazing fact that he is the first openly LGBTQ person who has actually won delegates in any presidential race in America.








A post shared by Pete Buttigieg (@pete.buttigieg) on


Many people dismissed him (and now they're attacking him) as the flavor of the month (or the year) and as yet another white privileged man trying to make it politics while women and people of color wouldn't have the same chances. I think many those people are missing the point here: this is an openly gay, (married, didn't you know?)- man running for the highest office in America. And kind of killing it? I, as a gay man, think that's an achievement. Remember what Jimmy told us in the comments about Sex Education that people were DENIED SERVICE for being LGBTQ? Remember? Remember when being gay was in the fucking DSM? Remember? No? Well, you should.

Mayor Pete is cracking several glass ceilings right now (gay, younger, fresh off being mayor, etc) and he's kinda demonstrating that he's the real thing. Some highlights from this interview:

  • He apparently answers questions people ask him and does not give canned stump answers.
  • He thinks that winning delegates may help people who feel they don't belong (gay kids, natch) understand that they do belong.
  • He recognized it was ballsy to declare himself the winner in Iowa. He notes that the results were being posted in real time and well, he saw he was winning...
  • He admits it would be important to compete in other states that are more diverse, but he says he was able to succeed in rural and urban areas.
  • He's in it to defeat IMPOTUS and going toe to toe with Cheeto and his main concern is the sense of hopelessness and exhaustion that we are all feeling but that it's the voters who are going to decide. So vote Cheeto and the GOP out, people!
  • He says Mittens deserves credit for following his conscience but that many others Repugs feel the same way. 

All very valid points. I think he's got a chance for a brilliant career in politics. I think the BernieBros will come for him and will fuck things up, though. I know they'll say he doesn't have a rapport with Black voters. I know about he wine cave. I know they'll bring up shit that happened in South Bend to talk shit about him. And they're gonna try and bite his style.

I don't think he will get to debate IMPOTUS (Cheeto will not debate anybody are you crazy?) but I hope he does. I also think he may not win the nomination but I hope he does. I also think that if he does not win, whomever wins the nomination will be a fool not to choose him as a running mate or for some job in the new Dem White House (because the new president will be a Democrat, or else!). And he's got that discreet charm of the Bourgeoisie going on, so there's that.

XOXO

P.S. here's the second part of Pete's interview with Stephen. Worth a watch.... Yep, he can still get it.



Comments

  1. After other things, he's very cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? I find him attractive.

      XoXo

      Delete
  2. an intelligent, articulate, handsome man in the white house? YES PLEASE! haven't had one of those since barrack obama. pete is going to have a future in politics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That’s right! And Americans need to vote to get another intelligent person in the White House!
      I think Pete would make an awesome Vice President.

      XoXo

      Delete
  3. I like Pete. He’s intelligent young and very service oriented. He’s been taking a LOT of flack since his strong showing in Iowa. They’re saying he doesn’t have the support of the African American community. There are a couple reasons for this I think: he’s gay and I think a large section of the African American population has an issue with that; when he became mayor of South Bend, he fired the African American police chief and replaced him with a white cop.

    I think he will struggle in more diverse states. That’s a shame, really because he’s passionate about what he does. I agree he should have a part in the next Dem administration. He’d be a real asset.

    And I’ve had it with the Bernie bros. They’re toxic and can’t see the big picture. I’ve never liked Bernie, mainly because he’s an opportunist. He’s a dem when it’s convenient.

    XOXO 👨‍❤️‍💋‍👨

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is passionate about what he’s doing. He’s also doing well, so they’re attacking him. Ugh.
      And I can’t with the BernieBros. Can’t.
      XoXo

      Delete
  4. Just yesterday, I searched for a "Pete 2020" yard sign and they are sold out. NOW, you can get one from a non campaign store (probably republican). But I'll wait until the money for the yard sign goes to Pete's campaign.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should go to his Instagram or twitter! The links to donate are there. I have a Pete 2020 sign in my car 😎

      XoXo

      Delete
  5. If he doesn't win.....i will be crushed....and will need many months of cuddles and spooning. He and Amy are the only two I like at this point. I really hope he gets it and wins.

    While i didn't do Chasen , I did meet him at the Stonewall this pride last summer for the 50th anniversary festivities. Supposedly Pete was there too. I was hoping to get some quite time with them. You know, like a old fashioned spit roast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m hoping he’s the VP. And getting spit roasted between Pete and Chasten? Yes, please!

      XoXo

      Delete
  6. He's been my choice from the get-go. No, not because he's gay. That doesn't (shouldn't) enter into the argument for me. He's brilliant, the's well-spoken, he's been able to keep a level head when confronted. That the Berners are after him is understandable. That Sanders and Biden are now bringing the knives is despicable. They only add fuel to the Repube's tanks. I'll be a precint captain for him and I'll be hosting his national volunteers while they're in the state.
    You're correct: He may not get the nomination, but the one who does would be very foolish indeed not to tap him for VP or some other Cabinet post. This guy has a very bright future ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That’s awesome!
      I’m wearing his buttons and I have his sign in my car. Visibility!
      I can’t wait to see what he does.
      XoXo

      Delete
  7. While some take baby steps, he's walking proudly. Anne Marie is right, he has a future in politics. You're right, he's not going to get the nomination. He will run for the governor of his state and win.. and once he's wearing those big boy political pants there will be no stopping him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If he doesn’t get a good job in the new administration, he should run for governor of Indiana. I’m sure he could get it.

      XoXo

      Delete
  8. We are all being played for fools.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, Lurkie. Right now there's a clown in the White House. It is expected to have a circus going on....

      XOXO

      Delete
  9. All the things you mention about him are why i like him and will vote for him. I still don't know if he'll get the nomination, but I do like that he speaks to you, answers you, and appears to be a nice decent human being.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Go ahead, give it to me.

Translate

Followers

Popular Posts

En otra lengua

  • Le falta calle - [image: Gustavo Petro lanza pullas en su discurso de balcón este lunes 1 de mayo] [image: Ministro del gabinete del presidente Petro se atrevió a...
    1 day ago
  • WE CAN'T BE FRIENDS - Ariana Grande me pilló a mi ya un poco... eso, grande (¿risas? ). Seguramente hace unos años se me hubiera hecho el trasero pesi-cola con ella y la notic...
    4 days ago
  • Errores garrafales - *Cuatricromía / Policromía *es, con sobrada diferencia, uno de los álbumes mejor logrados de Fangoria. No hay una sola canción que no se deje escuchar f...
    3 weeks ago
  • Llorad, llorad, valientes. Un texto de Irene Vallejo. - *El duelo hay que edificarlo sin prisa, con ritmos arquitectónicos*. Más y más, mes a mes. No es una enfermedad de la que curarse lo antes posible, sino ...
    4 weeks ago
  • - En los días que se han convertido en años, en tiempo que transcurre y sin entenderme a mi mismo en mis angustias, en mis silencios, en mis ruidos que no c...
    4 years ago

Restricted to Adults

Restricted to Adults
Under 18? Beat it. Now.