Go back in time

Show more

Drama!




There's nothing sexier than a man with a sense of humor. It basically beats physical beauty, age, and most of the indicators that some people usually follow to decide they're into somebody. At least in my book. You see, the capacity to not taking himself too seriously is one of the things that I find most attractive in a man. Oh, I also look at his hands, his smile, his eyes and his crotch. Because of course I do. Duh. I'm slutty.

But the first thing I would notice in a man that I'm considering to bed is his sense of humor. That's why I always have a date first and survey his capacity to laugh (at himself, at life and at Republicans, in that order) before I let him hit it.  Because if he's got a sense of humor, he's gonna be good in the sack. Bjork cannot be wrong: a wicked sense of humor suggests exciting sex: it's Venus as a boy. If he can appreciate the humor in what life throws at us, he is gonna be able to do me good. It's a non-scientific observation, but it's been proven true for me.

A man with the capacity to laugh at himself and at life is something that I have learned to appreciate. It means (to me) that he's self-aware, can reflect on things and is observant. Too many men fall in the trap of taking themselves too seriously. For them, their sense of masculinity does not allow for laughter or to stop giving themselves the outmost importance. It's all about them. All the time.

If I wanted to fuck some guy who thought he was the Marlboro man (unmoved, unaware, unthinking and unmotivated) I would date a gay Republican (barf). The thing with men who pretend to not have feelings or to be a perfect macho man is that they are so disconnected from their thoughts that they can only achieve surface awareness of themselves and their surroundings. So they are a bore. Even if they're handsome. Even if they're young and hung and full of cum. Even if they're nice people at the end of the day. Toxic masculinity is not a good look. It's gonna be a no from me. Thankyouverymuch.

And he does not have to be campy but it's nice if he can appreciate and understand camp. He does not have to carry on like a house on fire, but realize that flaming is a weapon some use well. I think that a man who can appreciate the funny in himself and others is interesting because that means he's a  keen observer. Men who are unaware of everybody and everything but themselves are, at the end of the day, selfish and craven. They have nothing really deep to say because they do not reflect on the world around them or are able to see their own flaws. A man who can laugh about his shortcomings or mistakes is a man who knows himself. And anybody who knows himself, knows he's not perfect. And that's sexy.


XOXO



P.S. if you are friends with Michael Hartney, please send him my way. I need to practice my duck walk. With him.

Comments

  1. intelligence, eyes, smile are my qualifications. then self-confidence. then his package.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Humour gets us through life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh honey.you don’t know the half of it....

      XOXO

      Delete
  3. A sense of humor is essential especially in these trying times. Someone who is self-deprecating knows a lot about themselves and is observant of others and usually has a love of life. I think that they may also be liable to put others before themselves.

    But funny is good as long as they know when to be serious.

    XOXO 👨‍❤️‍💋‍👨

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, the funniest men I know are dead serious when needed.

      XoXo

      Delete
  4. I flunked Anne Marie's qualifications.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well...what about your cock? LOL!!!!

      Delete
    2. Maddie, every time I see one of your quick witted comments, I think of MJ. I miss that group so much.

      Delete
    3. HOW do you know you flunked? I think you are adorable!

      Delete
    4. Jimmy, you’ve got the biggest one I know.
      Sense of humor, that is.

      XoXo

      Delete
  5. How will you do the duck walk on his dick? I agree with you. When I see or met a man, I notice the smile first, then chest, crotch and hair. But what I like in a man is in order...personality, sense of humor, conversation, nice dick, and then body.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I’m resourceful! I’d back it up into him til the cows come home.
      And I know! I place body last too. And I agree on that order of things...

      XoXo

      Delete
  6. I like smart and funny. Smartly funny.

    PS That GIF of the confetti guy is my go-to for wishing Happy Birthday to people!He's fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Smartly funny should be trademarked.
      And that gif is everything!

      XoXo

      Delete
  7. The smile and laughter that registers in the eyes. That's a biggie. A person can laugh but you can generally tell if it's sincere by the eyes. We must be able to laugh at ourselves and our own foibles. So, for me, it's the smile that draws me in, the eyes that reflect sincerity, then the personality that wins me over.. Do I look at the crotch - of course I do. It's a typical male thing - whether to judge interest in sex (gay/bi) or to judge the level of competition (str8).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh a man that looks you in the eye while smiling? I melt.
      And looking at crotches should be an Olympic sport.

      XoXo

      Delete
  8. I think I now see why your on Maddie's blogroll!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha
      Welcome! Glad to have you here.

      XoXo

      Delete
  9. Dog lover with a sense of humor,... pussy guys are out.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Laughter is the best medicine. It is the only thing keeping me sane these days. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gotta agree with you, humor is pretty important. But then again, looks too. If we're being superficial, that is... :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, looks are important (whatever it is that we consider attractive)
      But a sense of humor is essential.

      XoXo

      Delete

Post a Comment

Go ahead, give it to me.

Translate

Followers

Popular Posts

En otra lengua

  • WE CAN'T BE FRIENDS - Ariana Grande me pilló a mi ya un poco... eso, grande (¿risas? ). Seguramente hace unos años se me hubiera hecho el trasero pesi-cola con ella y la notic...
    1 day ago
  • El cambio histriónico - El presidente Petro se siente incómodo. El marco constitucional le queda pequeño, advierte que el traje está muy ajustado para sus grandes propós...
    4 days ago
  • Errores garrafales - *Cuatricromía / Policromía *es, con sobrada diferencia, uno de los álbumes mejor logrados de Fangoria. No hay una sola canción que no se deje escuchar f...
    2 weeks ago
  • Llorad, llorad, valientes. Un texto de Irene Vallejo. - *El duelo hay que edificarlo sin prisa, con ritmos arquitectónicos*. Más y más, mes a mes. No es una enfermedad de la que curarse lo antes posible, sino ...
    3 weeks ago
  • - En los días que se han convertido en años, en tiempo que transcurre y sin entenderme a mi mismo en mis angustias, en mis silencios, en mis ruidos que no c...
    4 years ago

Restricted to Adults

Restricted to Adults
Under 18? Beat it. Now.