Update, Aug. 25: According to an interview with ABC News late Monday, Falwell says he has tendered his letter of resignation as president of Liberty University.
Although other news outlets have reported that Jerry Falwell Jr. has agreed to resign as president and chancellor of Liberty University, Falwell said in an interview Monday evening with Virginia Business that such reports are “completely false.”
Oh, honey. Didn't I tell you it was gonna get juicy? Well, it did. And it has apparently costed dear Jerry Jr. his cushy post at Liberty University (where they don't let you hug for more than three seconds, for real!). The hypocrisy is blinding and I'm I'm here for the fall-down, drag-out screaming developments.
Dear Jerry Jr. has been a staple in religious circles since his bloated father passed away. And he's done some shady shit that never got him into hot water. Until now.
- He posted a bizarre picture on Instagram with his arm around another woman, both of them with their bellies hanging out and their flies unzipped, while he held a drink (“black water,” he said).
- He publicly “liked” photos of younger women in not-so-Christian poses.
- He made a racist tweet in response to the governor of Virginia mandating face masks in public spaces.
- He targeted reporters who were doing their job.
- He inadvertently pushed Black athletes to transfer out of Liberty.
- He called a parent “dummy” just because he asked why Liberty was reopening during the COVID crisis, an action that could put his children (who attend the school) in danger.
- He lied about the origin of coronavirus.
- He gave a sweet land deal to his personal trainer — which raises even more questions now about what relationship he and Becki had with that man.
- He censored the school’s own journalists.
But I'm not here to kink shade Jerry Jr. and his wife. I'm here for the hypocrisy:
✍️@hemantmehta nails the Falwell story. I was going to put my take into words, buy I'll just borrow his instead: "I don’t give a damn about their kinks. If this arrangement was consensual on their parts...What’s troubling is the ethical and political..." https://t.co/iEXyJ2nR50 pic.twitter.com/iHDXxz4DSo— Andrew L. Seidel (@AndrewLSeidel) August 24, 2020
It was going to come out and now it's all out there, in all its glorious, tawdry, hypocritical glory. So for years (YEARS!) Jerry Jr. jacked off in the corner while the very handsome pool boy banged his wife. No homo, amiright? But hey, to each their kink. I would not shame him if he were into shrimping or fisting. It's all good fun. What gets to me is the mentality that religulous people think they have the right to direct other people's lives and ruin them, while not living by the rules they apply to others. I can't take that.
I feel no pity for Jerry or for his wife (who was part of Cheeto's army of hypocrites). They both collaborated with IMPOTUS to spread lies and make people's lives a living hell.
Becki Falwell, a Trump campaign surrogate, appeared on Trump campaign show last year with Lara Trump promoting “traditional family values” pic.twitter.com/OuyY8s6S4u— Will Steakin (@wsteaks) August 24, 2020
And they both sold their soul to a corrupt, power hungry man-child with thin skin to keep their kinky sex life under wraps.
The story isn't that Jerry Falwell Jr's wife had sex with someone other than him, it's that the guy she was having sex with had photos of her and then Michael Cohen somehow got the photos and then Falwell suddenly and unexpectedly endorsed Donald Trump. https://t.co/oOeHNjM5mD— Hank Green: A Beautifully Foolish Endeavor is Out! (@hankgreen) August 24, 2020
So, it's not that they were kinky what I'm celebrating here. It's that they were hypocritical, greedy, vindictive, scheming, lying pieces of shit who sold their souls for money and influence to the highest bidder to keep fucking a juicy piece of meat.
So here's for the pool boy and his perfect revenge.
Business partner of Falwells says he had affair with the power couple -- that's, "couple." @AramRoston lands the story with singular focus and dedication https://t.co/W33SbDDsS2— jimrutenberg (@jimrutenberg) August 24, 2020
P.S. I can just imagine what Ted Haggard is saying right now....