Go back in time

Show more

Oh, John...


I was talking to someone I care about very much and I was taken aback by her comments on our current (and sorry) state in what concerns politics. Because -shockingly- I am still surprised by some people's take on what's going on in the US (and the world) today. As if we’re not totally bombarded by news 24/7 and cursed by the algorithm if we are on social media. 

But there’s always an explanation. David Dunning, whom Cleese cites here, is right on target. If you have interacted with any conservative / Repug/ MAGAt, if you have watched any 'conservative' being pwned online, if you have ever suffered fools. Welcome to the club. Also, I know you ‘ll agree with Cleese.

So have you had any interaction with one of these people afflicted by the Dunning-Kruger effect? And I truly wish I were asking a rhetorical question.

XOXO



Comments

  1. Cleese is a treasure.
    I literally was saying to Carlos last night about the GOP vote to confirm Blanche that they are cowards living in the fear of what a doddering old diapering wearing rapist might do to them.
    And Carlos said, "What about the MAGAts?"
    And I said, "They're too stupid to know how stupid they are."
    I like that I was channeling Dunning via Cleese.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's fantastic.
      And the Repugs are so afraid of Cankles that they have stopped functioning as a party. And the MAGAts? Stupid.
      You were right channeling Dunning.

      XOXO

      Delete
  2. Big says,
    It's amazing.... The ones who aren't too stupid to know they're being stupid are worse. MIL is quite aware of how terrible things are and how cowardly the congressional republicans are. She's opened her eyes that far. Her response now is always, "We'll have wait and see." Wait and see what??? It's right there in front of your fucking nose!
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are stupid on purpose, which is even worse.
      Wait and see? What? How the country is destroyed?

      XOXO

      Delete
    2. Big says,
      Yep. Evidently that.
      XOXO

      Delete
  3. Hahahaha. Stupid is as stupider it gets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's absolutely maddening.
      I just can't.

      XOXO

      Delete
  4. Oh gawd yeah, who doesn't know people like that? I don't know how they make it through life and yet, somehow, they do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And that's incredibly maddening.
      And they VOTE.

      XOXO

      Delete

Post a Comment

Go ahead, give it to me.

Translate

Followers

Popular Posts

En otra lengua

  • Cosas de heteros (IV) - "Ay, Milo, ella bien enamorada, babeando, y él feliz por esa fan incondicional y enamorado de sí mismo". Le di una oportunidad al reproche de la Sra. ...
    1 day ago
  • AHS NYC versus Fellow Travelers - Últimamente y de manera consecutiva se me han cruzado en el camino dos series que retratan una de las peores crisis que sufrió la comunidad gay durant...
    2 weeks ago
  • Compañías invisibles - Hoy amaneció lloviendo. La casa todavía estaba envuelta en ese silencio suave, que sólo conocen las mañanas de lluvia. La cafetera comenzó a cantar en la...
    2 weeks ago
  • Mirando la vuelta - [image: El showman, Abelardo De La Espriella: los actos de su campaña - La Silla Vacía] [image: Consejo Gremial rechaza invitación de Cepeda a dialoga...
    2 months ago
  • - Hoy camine algunas calles de la ciudad que habito, podría decirse que aunque la habito me siento ajeno, basta caminar o mirar las montañas para darse cuen...
    7 years ago

Restricted to Adults

Restricted to Adults
Under 18? Beat it. Now.