Go back in time

Show more

Argyle Grant


I'm posting this here for the beefcake. Of course you know how much I like looking at handsome men with banging bodies prancing around half naked. There's a reason why this blog has a parental advisory. And I think that most of us do like looking at beautiful people showing off what they have worked so hard to achieve. Because achieving a body like theirs is no easy feat. And we're here for that.

I also think that we can both admire bodies like the ones presented here and at the same time recognize that not everybody is going to have those bodies. And above all, we need to understand that having those bodies is not the rule: it's the exception. Those bodies come from extremely hard work and dedication (not to mention genetics, natch) and tying that aesthetic to desire and/or goals is a double-edged sword.

When we, as gay men, bound desirability to a certain set of physical attributes (small waist, wide shoulders, visible abdominal muscles, big biceps, the lot) and youth, we are not doing ourselves a favor. Because very few of us (even though I know some very attractive exceptions) look like these models from Argyle Grant and yet, we tend to perpetuate the school of thought that implies that flawless physical beauty is absolutely tied to desirability when very few of us could model on a runway any of the bathing suits shown in this video.

I'm all for objectifying men, don't get me wrong, but I also know that beauty is skin deep and fleeting. I think that all in all, we should be more mindful of how we use attractiveness and conventional notions of beauty (which are somehow augmented in gay circles) and stop weaponizing them. I was recently reading an article and this paragraph jumped at me:

When thin customers deem fat people’s calls for mainstream clothing lines to carry clothes in larger sizes “irrelevant” and “useless,” it justifies retail stores’ unwillingness to stock clothes that fit fat people’s bodies. These may seem like minor issues to straight-size people, but each of them play a role in aiding in the systemic oppression of fat people.

People who are not required to think about how much space their body takes up, whether their body will keep them from experiencing romantic love, whether they will log onto social media to see that their fat body is the joke of the week, or whether they will even be able to find clothes that fit them, have few to no ties to these experiences

All this does not mean we should stop ogling beautiful men. Nope. It's not gonna happen. But we should be more aware that by promoting the idea that the only valid and desirable bodies are the ones presented to us by the media (and the gay body police) as the ne-plus-ultra is a disfavor we are doing to a high percentage of the population and to ourselves. Yes, attractive men DO exist, and yes we can look at them. But no, we should not make it mandatory for everybody to be twenty-five, have a thirty inch waist and the body proportions of Apollo. It's unfair, it's silly and above all, not really attainable unless you want to walk the runway for Argyle Grant. Which you are more than welcome to do, if you feel you can. And please post pictures. We all wanna see.

XOXO





 P.S. According to THIS site, these are my 'ideal' measurements if we are to follow Steve Reeves' lead. I laughed for five straight minutes when I got the results. If I had that chest/waist ratio, I'd be shirtless even in January.  So, do you have a tape measure handy? Go fetch it.  I'll wait here for your results. Yes, I have time.

Neck
Neck: 17"
Arm
Arms: 16"
Chest
Chest: 55"
Waist
Waist: 32"
Thigh
Thighs: 25"
Calf
Calves: 17"









Comments

  1. First off, regarding the body measurements: bwahahahahahahaha. I end up with Neck: 17; Arms: 18; Chest: 65; Waist: 38; Thighs: 32; Calves: 19.

    These are some stunning men. And the twins! 🤤As you mentioned they have impossible bodies for the average man. Yes, we can appreciate their looks and the dedication to their craft. But we can also appreciate the looks and dedication of the every day Joe. Be it someone in IT, retail worker, construction worker, homemaker, educator, public servant. There are amazing people everywhere. They may or may not have the physical attributes of the models, but their worth and value are just as great.

    Oh and you’d look scrumptious is some of those bikinis 😎.

    XOXO 👨🏼‍❤️‍💋‍👨🏽

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, you're a tall man. You could carry those measurements.
      And those men are all very, very handsome and extremely well built. But I'm with you: everyday-Joe kind of men are also hot.
      And flattery will get you everywhere LOL

      XOXO

      Delete
  2. You must be a pocket gay too! I'm 5'5" and it said I should have a 33" waist. I'd be the shape of a bowling pin if my waist was that large. Never was in to muscle types.

    OT: Since you had a Hunters in Chicago where you are,...Hunters here in Wilton Manors set up a vaccine station in the club last night. I thought that was marvelous! If you are going to "shoot up", it might as well be a Covid vaccine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Forgot to mention the COST to keep those muscle bodies up. Austin Wolf talked about his calorie intake, I was stunned.

      Delete
    2. Ohhh
      I'm 5'8". I fancy myself to be 5'9" but I know better. And the only measurement I have from those suggested by Reeves is the 32" waist. The rest? LOL

      And you are right about the cost. The protein shakes alone would ruin me. Not to mention the gym membership and the spray tan sessions.

      Oh yes, Hunters! They closed it and sold the land. There's no gay bars in the suburbs of Chicago now. The one in Joliet closed too. The owner passed away. And it's fantastic that there was a vaccine station in the club! Hey they should have reminded the gays that getting the vaccine would allow them to get more dick. That's always an incentive.

      XOXO

      Delete
  3. Model #4 needs to walk off the catwalk and into my house.

    Sorry, it' early and I am feeling extra shallow.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahahah
      I know, right? And if we're talking about shallow, I watched the video twice. For research purposes, of course.

      XOXO

      Delete
  4. I don't have the correct soft tape measure to do this survey, but I'm 5'8" and still have a 30" waist, some days 29" when I'm not eating right. I guess Im a pocket gay too. Will I ever look like these guys? No. But at 46 , I aint complaining with what I got either.

    Take care while I'm away...Ill try to pop in but I'm not taking my laptop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope the houseboys take proper care of the place this time and I don't have to send mine over again. 😉

      Delete
    2. OMG Maddie! I think we're the same height!
      And I will never get my 29" waist back. I'd have to not eat right for probably a month. And we should never complain about what we've got, right?
      And have fun! Take pics! Get a tan!

      XOXO

      Delete
  5. Well, once upon a time....6'0" tall, 31" waist. Now? I'm getting old and things start to...droop and sag and shrink. Now going on 69-yo, I'm 5"11", the neck is still 16-1/2", the waist is 36". Don't have the kind of tape measure for the rest.
    But, body-shaming from the clothing folks? Look what Abercrombie & Fitch did 10 years ago to shame people. I hope their brand crashed and burned.
    The only thing I can say to the younger folks who only want young, pretty, built, etc: Yes, Virginia, one day you'll be old, too. If you're lucky.
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I think it's natural.
      As Maddie says, we can't complain about what we've got. I was talking to someone about how we lose height when we grow older and he was taken by surprise. EVERYTHING changes with age. It's part of living.
      And I remember A&F and the whole body-shaming thing. Where are they now? I also remember that the CEO was very peculiar-looking.
      And young gay men have no idea what's coming for them. Youth is wasted in the young, they say.

      XOXO

      Delete
  6. Steve Reeves! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My idea of beauty has evolved... like every other perception. I think inner dialogue has a lot to do with how you carry yourself and how you are viewed by others. And I no longer buy the whole perfect body/gym bunny ideal... that's old school. It bores me. And, quite frankly, a lot of supposedly 'hot' people are actually terrible human beings. Yesterday, I was at the prairie and there was this rather large bodied man who was sort of flirting with me, though he never approached me directly. I would have engaged - but Covid has kept me in check when it comes to strangers. I saw him leave, disappointed and I wanted to run after him and tell him... hey... Covid. I think you're beautiful. I don't know? Should we start telling people that? In those type of situations? I don't want him to feel bad about himself. That just feeds into negative inner dialogue. Kizzes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same.
      I stopped buying into the 'perfect' body a long time ago. The best sex I've gotten has been with less than perfect men. And you are right: inner dialogue is what counts. That's what comes out when the clothes fall off and the lights come down.
      And I think it would be cool to tell people we are not engaging because of COVID. Apart from weeding out the anti-vaxxers, it would create great opportunities to flirt. Flirting, remember? From across a room?
      That was hot.

      XOXO

      Delete
  8. TOTALLY DISTRACTED! The end of the video must be like what Maddie's houseboys must do every morning for daily inspection. Love the collection though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha
      Totally understandable! It's a sight to behold.
      And I just pictured Maddie doing an inspection.
      The collection is cool. I like the variety. Literally, too!

      XOXO

      Delete

Post a Comment

Go ahead, give it to me.

Translate

Followers

Popular Posts

En otra lengua

  • Le falta calle - [image: Gustavo Petro lanza pullas en su discurso de balcón este lunes 1 de mayo] [image: Ministro del gabinete del presidente Petro se atrevió a...
    1 day ago
  • WE CAN'T BE FRIENDS - Ariana Grande me pilló a mi ya un poco... eso, grande (¿risas? ). Seguramente hace unos años se me hubiera hecho el trasero pesi-cola con ella y la notic...
    5 days ago
  • Errores garrafales - *Cuatricromía / Policromía *es, con sobrada diferencia, uno de los álbumes mejor logrados de Fangoria. No hay una sola canción que no se deje escuchar f...
    3 weeks ago
  • Llorad, llorad, valientes. Un texto de Irene Vallejo. - *El duelo hay que edificarlo sin prisa, con ritmos arquitectónicos*. Más y más, mes a mes. No es una enfermedad de la que curarse lo antes posible, sino ...
    4 weeks ago
  • - En los días que se han convertido en años, en tiempo que transcurre y sin entenderme a mi mismo en mis angustias, en mis silencios, en mis ruidos que no c...
    4 years ago

Restricted to Adults

Restricted to Adults
Under 18? Beat it. Now.