Go back in time

Show more

Ricky's Secrets



Well, first of all, Ricky Martin. Second, Ricky Martin. Third, Ricky Martin. Yeah, I know. That needed to be clear. So, this is what I've learned through a year and more of pandemic: self-care is fundamental. Just like reading. Yeah, because we've been left to our own devices for more than a year and I know many people who have been left absolutely helpless during this time and self-care has been the only way they have had to re-center. 

Not only because of the stress of not having a work/family life separation, but because countless people have lost their homes, their livelihoods and their health. It's been tough. So many of us has had to come up with a 'wellness routine'. And I've discovered that it does help. It feels somehow that there's more 'structure' to days that sometimes jut mesh into each other.

Like Ricky's singing instructor, I have discovered that I needed more water. I'm drinking about three glasses a day. Before, it was an afterthought drinking any water. At the office you'd just go to the water fountain and that was it. At home, I need more than a cursory glance at it. I'm also having a V8 once and again. I know, I eat my veggies, but the low sodium V8 is actually good.

I have been using rose water for a hot second. I think I posted about it. My grandma used to splash some rose water on her face and I always thought it was awesome. Now I do the Trader Joe's version of Ricky's fancy one. It's super refreshing. No, I don't do the dry soap or the ice (or the toner). But you get my drift. 

I have to say that I don't do eye pads but I've seriously considered doing something about the eyes. The mirrors of the soul, am I right? Also, one of the first things to show up if we're tired. I've started with the cucumber slices but I think I may graduate to an eye cream. I already saw one at Trader Joe's. If I buy it, I'll let you know. Not that you wanna know, but you know how much I love TMI. 

I don't do a serum, but I have started using a moisturizer this summer. A cheapo one (I remember that Debra told me not to buy expensive stuff and I'm following her advice because nobody wants to see Debra upset) that I found at Trader Joe's (TJ is my go-to place because one, they're affordable and two, I can buy beauty stuff while getting some broccoli, natch). Also, the moisturizer has SPF. Yep. Practical.

As for hair, I don't do much in the summer. But I'm using this coconut/shea butter oil (TJ's of course) that works miracles. My hair is dark now (I made a miscalculation with a dark gray hair color and voilà, I have dark hair again) and I wear baseball hats in the summer, so I don't do much with it. 

I don't wear a fragrance, mind you. I think I do have one bottle of some cologne in a drawer that I got for Xmas a year ago, but I have not looked at it in like, forever. I just apply some body lotion (my skin gets kinda rough in the summer and I wear shorts every day) I think it's either Cetaphil or Lubriderm. That's about it for fragrance right now. 

But the principle stands: whether you have a beauty routine or not; whether you use the products that Ricky uses or it's just soap and water, it's all about self-care. About carving a moment during the day to be with yourself and re-center. Now, that is always necessary. You know, 'if you don't love yourself...' and all that jazz.



XOXO

P.S. also, Ricky will be fifty in December. That routine seems to be working.

Comments

  1. Ricky is one stunning man. You know me, not much for a skincare routine. Wash up in the shower, shave and get my day going. I have found something, though at Harry’s, the razor 🪒 company. They have a full line of men’s skincare. They occasionally have a mystery special for X dollars and when I ordered my razors one time I decided to see what would come. It was an Exfoliating Face Wash with eucalyptus, peppermint and exfoliants made from volcanic rock. It sells for $7 on their site and does leave your face feeling refreshed.

    I also haven’t worn a fragrance in over a year as I would only wear it if I was going to the office or going out. Since neither of that is happening about the only thing I use is the occasional body spray from Old Spice.

    And yeah, Ricky Martin. 😎

    XOXO 👨🏼‍❤️‍💋‍👨🏾

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, bae but you shave every day. That definitely helps exfoliating. It renews cells every day. I love Harry's! Didn't you once give me a Pride Box from them?

      And Old Spice has totally rebranded itself. Really.
      And yeah. Ricky.

      XOXO

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Noxema is actually fantastic.
      It does not dry your skin and it's super affordable. I have a friend who's shaved with it for ages and swears by it.
      Who knew, Dave?

      XOXO

      Delete
  3. Ricky is only fifty? Wow. Good for him.

    Drink more water. I try to get in 8 glasses a day (8-12 oz.). At the prairie, I guzzle guzzle guzzle. Water. (What were you thinking??) I think about it flushing my system, cleansing it. It helps with digestion. It feeds your flesh - nobody likes a dried out hag - so I'm a well-hydrated one! Also, I've noticed that if I'm not feeling 100% - it's typically because I'm a bit dehydrated. A couple of glasses of water and 30 minutes later - I am feeling much better. This is true if I'm tired, too. Water is the stuff of life... so, drink up bitches! Thanks for the Ricky-fix. I admire him. He continues to live his life quite honestly. I will never forgive Barbara Walters for what she did to him. But he managed it well and continues to grow as a person... a beautiful, handsome, hunky person. OH - and he sings! Kizzes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I was surprised, too1
      Drinking water is fantastic. I'm learning to drink more. I never knew how much I depended on the water fountains at work until I stopped going during the pandemic.
      And Ricky has been on fire since he came out of the closet and got married. Barbara Walters was a harpy.

      XOXO

      Delete
  4. Ricky is hot to look at but when he speaks, well, he's hot to look at.

    Water is key. Soap, too. And a moisturizer. Sleep and exercise.

    People tell me I look thrifty and I'm 107.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahahaha
      Yeah, Ricky can be an acquired taste when he speaks. I find him charming.
      And people also tell me I look thrifty and I'm 107! What a coincidence!!

      XOX)

      Delete
    2. Damn spell check! I meant THIRTY!!!!!~

      Delete
    3. Hahaha I imagined.
      Thrifty sounds fun, though!

      XOXO

      Delete
  5. I think everyone should have a wellness plan no matter how detailed or small. We need too. I drink tons of water a day. But over all my wellness plan is a good mask, three skincare items, and gin. But truth be told, a good cleanser and moisturizer is all one needs really for all the face. Most companies just tell us we NEED these additional items to target specific areas. They do work to a point...but a friend who is a esthetician said a good cleanser, moisturizer is really all thats needed and drinking plenty of water.

    Now grud your loins....Ricky Martin never did a thing for me. ME?????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? Self care?
      And I love face masks. I got into them when somebody gave me a collection of three for xmas. I usually just use soap and water but I'm getting into the whole moisturizer thing. And I think Ricky is beautiful. Would I let him hit it? Most probably yes.
      And now, the real question: what fragrance were you wearing when you seduced CaliBoi? There he was in the comments raving about it. Spill it, Maddie!!

      XOXo

      Delete
    2. Well, I have been wearing the same two for years so it either has to be Tom Fords Neroli Portofino or Terre de Hermes. UNLESS of course if was my own natural pheromones'..

      thought I started wearing a new one that smells scrumptious on me Im told. Gucci Memoir

      Delete
    3. OMG Tom Ford's fragrances are HEAVEN.
      Gucci, huh? Honey, I'm going to start saving some coins. I may want to get some of that...

      XOXO

      Delete
  6. He's a good-looking guy. 50, huh? Oh, my. I've never been into the whole skin-care thing...or anything else, either. LOL. I'm a product of my time, I guess. Men didn't have this stuff back in antiquity. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's very good looking. Has always been.
      And the skin care bug bit me recently, too. And don't be silly. You should go out with the wife and get a good moisturizer. Really. it's about the self-care and the time you're investing on yourself. Do the potions work? Maybe. But the 'me' time you'll get out of it is worth it. I promise.

      XOXO

      Delete
  7. DAMN Ricky Martin looks fine, still. I'm not a huge skincare guy, but with working out I drink tons of water and have been known to wash and moisturize three times a day. That and a cleanser and shave foam. I use all Kiehl’s products. Once a week there a charcoal mask for a real deep clean. And sometime a cum facial from the boy, wink. Some times a fragrance. Maddie didn't mention fragrance I noticed. When we met, twice, both times he smells so good...I was in a trance. I have no idea what it was, but it was delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, he looks fantastic.
      And drinking lots of water is fundamental. Especially if you're working out. It clears your skin. One advantage we have as guys is that we usually shave and that helps exfoliate our skin. Kiehl's is very good, btw. Now that you mention their charcoal mask, I think I need to try it.
      Cum facials sound super fun, too!
      And now Maddie is gonna have to talk about that fragrance. Right, Maddie?

      XOXO

      XOXO

      Delete
    2. You big lug...must you give out all my secrets!

      And are you sure it wasn't the cum I shot over your face that you smelled? We know you lap it up like Christmas pudding.

      Delete
    3. Hahahaha
      Now, would there be video/photos of said facial? Asking for a friend. It's his birthday...

      XOXO

      Delete
  8. I sort of have a beauty routine. Sort of not. I do it when I remember. Also not the expensive stuff. I remember you wrote once about the Trader Joes stuff. I'm always up for some advice when it comes to routines and self care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I think that's totally valid.
      When you do it, you do it and it becomes 'me time', which is fantastic.
      To be honest, I think some of the cheaper stuff is just as good as the more expensive one. It's more about the experience, sometimes...

      XOXO

      Delete

Post a Comment

Go ahead, give it to me.

Translate

Followers

Popular Posts

En otra lengua

Restricted to Adults

Restricted to Adults
Under 18? Beat it. Now.