Go back in time

Show more

The Date

 



One of the things I keep hearing is that people really do NOT know when it is that they need to vote. I ask people around me about their voting (because IDGAF) and they're like... 'and when is that?'. After I -very friendly- roll my eyes, I tell them that it is actually not too complex to get that info. I tell them they need to use their social media addictions to do something useful. Like find the dates when they need to fucking vote. 


We're late for Alaska and Rhode Island, but if you live literally anywhere else, you are still on time!!


To tell you the truth, I think that the voting process in the United States is fucked up and it is slightly Byzantine. Maybe on purpose, but mostly because Americans improvise most anything. Including deciding their political future. And that's why we are in the fucking mess we are, after letting a thin-skinned, immature, stupid megalomaniac orange buffoon be elected as president. Just because some lady was doing her emails from her Blackberry. Or something like that.  




So you can go to the @impact site and register to vote if you have not done so. I don't know the fuck it is you're waiting for, but we're here to help you. One of the things you have to find out is if your state lets you register online or not. 


If your state lets you register online it's easier (but don't count on it). So get with the program and start planning. The sooner you do it, the better.



And yes, there's a lot at stake here. I don't have to tell you. But just in case, if you are a person who can have children (or cares about people who can have children), if you are a person in a same sex relationship (or plans to be or would like to be, or cares about people in same sex relationships), if you are a racial minority (or care about racial minorities), or if you care about immigrants, people with disabilities or is interested in social justice, this is the moment to make a fucking change. 

So head to @impact and get with it. I would really appreciate it.

XOXO

P.S, if you have already registered to vote, make sure you share your insights with a friend, a parent, a sibling (or your familiar, if you are a warlock or a witch). But for fuck's sake, spread the word. And don't forget to vote.

Comments

  1. Thanks for this. I, too, have done the eye-roll when talking about the election and voting but those folks are lucky I held back the slap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you have no idea how much I pull back when somebody starts telling me about voting. Holding back is HARD! LOL

      XOXO

      Delete
  2. The people I know who aren't registered will never be registered. Most of them are pissers and moaners, they will complain but then do nothing, and then complain some more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a friend who's like that not registered and doesn't vote. I tell him he has no right to bitch about either side since he doesn't participate.

      Delete
    2. And that's the people who are going to bitch and moan as soon something doesn't go their way. Those are the ones I find more difficult NOT to slap.

      XOXO

      Delete
  3. go, run to vote! Even when I am disappointed with Italian politics, I have always gone to vote. I can't not go there. It seems absurd not to do that. It's the only opportunity we have to make our voices heard. Let's not throw it away. Many have died for our freedom and also to allow us to vote. let us not throw their sacrifice out of laziness!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Italian politics have been an absolute disappointment.
      I IS absurd not to vote. People have fought for the right to vote.

      XOXO

      Delete
  4. Anonymous10/10/2022

    HuntleyBiGuy:
    Here in Illinois there are so many opportunities to register and vote. Most counties are already in early voting. If you choose to, you can go to an early voting location, do same day registration and vote right there.

    When I worked the polls for the primary, we had a number of young voters registering and casting their first ever ballot. Kind of brings a lump to your throat. And since it was the primary, you had to declare your party. Here in my heavily repug county it was nice to see the number of young people pulling a Democratic ballot, most often when mom or dad wasn’t there.

    Now with the General election you obviously don’t declare a party, so it will be interesting to see the results.

    Another thing this year, county election authorities sent applications to all registered voters offering them the ability to get a mail in ballot and to opt in to permanently receiving mail in ballots, so you won’t have to request it every year. I’ve already received my ballot and mailed it in.

    XOXO 👨🏼‍❤️‍💋‍👨🏽

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that. You know I have gotten my pom-poms out to get my girls to vote. It's a struggle.
      Love the idea of first-time voters! Hopefully there'll be more and more going to the polls.

      XOXO

      Delete
  5. Anonymous10/10/2022

    Big says,
    The county sends out a voter registration card each year telling you your: Party Affiliation, Federal, County, and State districts, your voting Precinct and its address. If a person gets that, they know they're registered. Then comes the Sample Ballot, which includes any Questions that will need to be voted on as well as the nominees in each race - - - that's for Primary and General elections.
    I swear we could not make it any easier here. Of course, the repukes want to change all of that to make it tougher, but right now we've got a Dem majority in the state legislature. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How cool is that?
      And people still do squat when it comes to voting? How privileged can people be? Or how ignorant of the process??
      Repugs do want to change that. They want to make voting more difficult, because they cannot win in a fair battle.

      XOXO

      Delete
  6. Oh I can say is it's been a very busy season @ Cumberland County Democratic headquarters with questions ranging across the board. We are even scheduling rides for people that don't have transportation. And we're even assisting with helping people get registered if they're not, or changing their address to New areas so they can find their polling place. There should be very few excuses. I also stuffed 3,000 mailers this weekend with two others for the Shapiro fetterman ticket. I also campaigned a bit for Scott Perry's opponent. I hope she wins but I think she's going to have a tough race. I can't stand that bastard!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that people seem to be more involved. Really.
      And people do need help getting registered! What you guys are doing is fantastic! Kudos!

      XOXO

      Delete
  7. Can I hear a great loud AMEN in response to your post above.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!
      Oh, dear. I know I'm preaching to the choir here, but really!

      XOXO

      Delete

Post a Comment

Go ahead, give it to me.

Translate

Followers

Popular Posts

En otra lengua

Restricted to Adults

Restricted to Adults
Under 18? Beat it. Now.