Go back in time

Show more

To Be Real


Introducing The Courage to Be Real: a call to action and film. Our commitment to inspiring limitless self-expression by confidently embracing all aspects of who you are. This film tells the story of Lil Nas X’s evolution to become the person he is today, and the obstacles he overcame.

I love @LilNasX. He's fun, he's irreverent, he's fresh and he's unapologetically queer. For a kid who posted his songs to @Soundcloud in the hopes that someone would listen to them to being a full-blown music personality with no fucks to give, the journey has been amazing. He came. He ate. He stayed. 

In this video we kind of get a glimpse of the boy he was: going from being a high school kid to being the confident, unabashed, unbothered and uncomplicated artist we know today. Coach may have struck gold because I want that varsity jacket. And I don't even like Coach that much!

I think that even if people do not enjoy his music (it's so fucking fun!) the strength of the irreverent personality alone could keep one entertained. I love it when I'm driving and his songs come up on the radio. Listening to a man singing about liking 'the boy with the goatee' still gives me chills.

You go, Lil NasX. You do you.

XOXO


I fucking love this bag.


This little attire SLAPS. 


Comments

  1. He reminds me Conchita Wurst (here on wikipedia), but Conchita is even more extreme. Thomas Neuwirth (real name of Conchita) is abandoning his queer look and regaining a masculine dimension (until when?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh I see what you mean.
      Conchita played more on gender than Lil NasX, but they both push the envelope. And she's going more male presenting now? Hot, too.

      XOXO

      Delete
  2. I agree I love Lil Nas and his music. And like you said even if you don't like his music how do you not love his backstory. Just a shame that this collaboration was with coach. I hate that fucking company and it's owner. And it's too establishment. But good on him I hope he milks every dime out of them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same.
      I think his backstory is quite empowering and optimistic. And I also thought "COACH?" but he makes it look cool! Coach thinks they're the Louis Vuitton of the suburbs. LMAOOOOO
      Hope he got some good dough for it.

      XOXO

      Delete
  3. Anonymous10/12/2022

    Big says,
    I like him and his music (go figure). That Coach is partnering with him to spread the word? Excellent. We need more companies to step up to the plate. I wanted more of the trumpet...like maybe, "This one time, at band camp..." 🤣 XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha
      Why wouldn't you like his music? It's pretty universal.
      And Coach is getting points with the young guns with this. They know what they're doing.

      XOXO

      Delete
  4. I like what he's doing. He's a strong role model, but for me, his music is meh. Rock and Roll roots, here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes.
      Like it or not, he's a role model, not only for young men, but Black young men. Rap is very homophobic. And I know about his music. Not everybody's cup of tea.

      XOXO

      Delete
  5. I love Lil Nas X because he's himself and damn anyone who has an issue. We should all strive to be so completely ourselves everywhere we go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's so self-assured and so self-deprecating at the same time!
      It's such an endearing combination. What people call 'real', right?

      XOXO

      Delete
  6. Anonymous10/12/2022

    HuntleyBiGuy:
    You know how much I love Nas. He’s irreverent, funny, sexy, and marches to his own drum. He calls ‘em the way he sees them. I love his music and his appearance on SNL last year (?) was gold.

    XOXO 👨🏼‍❤️‍💋‍👨🏾

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha he's awesome.
      Love his sense of humor and irreverence, too.
      That SNL act was absolutely golden. Yes.

      XOXO

      Delete

Post a Comment

Go ahead, give it to me.

Translate

Followers

Popular Posts

En otra lengua

Restricted to Adults

Restricted to Adults
Under 18? Beat it. Now.