Go back in time

Show more

Butch Project

 


@ai_butch_project

I like big dudes and I cannot lie. Being that I'm officially 5'8" and on the slim-ish (I'm not a twink, not yet a twunk) side of around 11 stone, many adult men would qualify to be in the big and tall category for me. And I like it like that. There's something about being slightly tossed around by a dude while doing sexytimes that does it for me. Hey, if somebody can masterfully manhandle you, would you protest? And yes, that was rhetorical.




So, this is how @ai_butch_project defines itself:
The use of AI opens new perspectives in the way art is created. Joining forces with AIs like Midjourney, Marc Stemmberg is to reinvent gay art.

I think this should not skirt the controversies that using AI to create art has created, though. I don't know if you have seen that there was an uproar on Insta about how AI used the work of artists -without their permission- to create those incredible portraits that the gayteratti on Insta immediately started using to create hyper-enhanced versions of themselves:

When Paul Richmond, a Queer artist, first started to see AI-generated portraits trending on social media, he thought they were “cool” and “interesting.”“I’ve been intrigued by AI [artificial intelligence] for a while, and I’m very open to new technology,” he told the Los Angeles Blade. “I think there’s a lot of exciting potential with it.”

That was until Richmond discovered that Lensa AI, the app behind the popular Instagram trend, was using his artwork to train its AI – without his permission. Richmond said it felt like a “violation.” “They’re just finding things online and stealing it,” Richmond said.

Marc DeBauch, another Queer artist who discovered his artwork was being used to train AI, called the process “a slap in the face of artists that spend their whole lives working to create a body of work.” DeBauch took issue with the app – which costs $7.99 per month or $29.99 per year – profiting while many artists are unaware their work is being used to train the AI. “I do all the work, but somebody is making a profit from my work, and I’m not getting anything for it,” he said. “And that really hurts because I’m not making a lot of money from my art.”

Both Richmond and DeBauch only realized their work was being used days ago after visiting the site HaveIBeenTrained.com, which allows artist’s search databases – like the one Stability AI uses to train Stable Diffusion – for links to their work and flag them for removal. The site is run by Spawning, a group of artists building tools for artist ownership of their training data.

@tomoffinlandfoundation

Oh, yes. Stealing the art of -queer- artists to get money from queer men. Classy.




Still, I think the fact that the @ai_butch_project uses AI to create his own queer art, presents us with an alternative of it that enhances an artist's vision without stealing it. The compositions of impossibly big and buff men in very homoerotic situations provides us with a vision of hypermasculinity out of the realm of possibility while keeping it queer and individualistic. One thing is when artists use a tool to create their own art. Another when the tool is used to profit from artists without recognizing (and remunerating) their work. And this is not relegated to the visual arts. AI could be used in other fields, like writing fiction, or poetry, or music. The future is slightly scary.


@ai_butch_project


Anyway, I tend to enjoy art when it makes me respond to it. And I respond to the idea of being manhandled by a big bruiser. What can I say? I have weaknesses. This artist's work gives me the tingle to mingle, not as intensely as let's say, Tom of Finland's art does. But pretty close. The men depicted here are obviously the product of somebody's imagination, but they do provide fodder for fantasy. With only about a hundred posts, @ai_butch_project already has more than nine thousand followers. Not bad for someone specializing on homoerotica.




So, if you like this kind of art, you can follow @ai_butch_project on Insta. I think it's worth a perusal. If only for the intellectual exercise that the use of AI to create art to titillate and intrigue us would create. And you could slide into his DMs and ask for your own portrait. And if you do, please let me know. I'd like to see the results of you being butch-ed up to infinity.

Happy viewing!!

XOXO

Comments

  1. That's a LOT of beefcake up there, and I am here for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this project. I love men short, big, huge, slim, every shape can be so delightful for me. And I'd gladly put the angel here among my angels and you can bet I start to follow ihs IG channel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!
      That angel would feel right at home there. And he's definitely worth a follow...

      XOXO

      Delete
  3. Yes, AI art is very controversial. Not only is art stolen without recompense in order to "train" the AI, using AI art will also put a lot of artists out of business. I read that it's already having an impact on artists hired to storyboard movies. Cheaper to do it by AI. Automation has sidelined many workers in many industries and now it has come to artists.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree with the artists.
      AI art does not recognize artists and at the same time takes work away from them: adding insult to injury.
      And I can totally believe it will be used in many other fields. Automation will be the end of us.

      XOXO

      Delete
  4. On the other hand, all AI art is, by its very nature, derivative. One can argue that AI art can never replace true human originality and ingenuity. On the other hand, much of life does not require originality or ingenuity, simply mindless repetition of what already is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Which will be its downfall. AI has no soul or heart. It cannot really 'create' without human input. But consumerism is the devil, and consumerism is the force behind AI...

      XOXO

      Delete
  5. Anonymous1/13/2023

    Big says,
    Debra is spot on. All AI is derivative. The latest AI is for writers; writers of fiction, poetry, non-fiction essays and technical papers, and computer code for apps. While still in its infancy, it scours the internet in milliseconds and can mimic a writer's style; even Shakesperian pentameter. It needs tweaking at this point. Over 2 million people are using it already. There will come a time --- and soon --- when people are selling AI short stories, poems, thesis papers, etc, and claiming to be the author. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes.
      I have seen the examples of AI used in writing. It's uncanny. It's also making waves in academia. I have published here bits created by AI: they're mostly nonsense, but you know paid programs (I'm looking at you, Grammarly) will become more and more sophisticated.
      We're fucked.

      XOXO

      Delete
  6. Anonymous1/13/2023

    HuntleyBiGuy:
    I recently read an article on the proliferation of AI in the arts. One thing the author brought up is that AI lacks the “lived”experience which all artists bring to their works. That’s what will set things apart and bring that uniqueness to human works.

    XOXO 👨🏼‍❤️‍💋‍👨🏽

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally true.
      It's imitation and amalgamation, which do not translate as creativity. And creativity is what makes art worth its price.

      XOXO

      Delete
  7. *sigh*...I couldn't get passed your first paragraph of being bounced around by an aggressive Top!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Jimmy, babes.
      You're a man after my own heart....


      XOXO

      Delete
  8. AI is how cheats attempt to be creative. They will flood the market until they send the price of original art through the roof.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And bingo!
      It will create inequality and then inflation. Sounds like capitalism to me...

      XOXO

      Delete
  9. I like beefy boys. When online, I constantly am amused by those who can't distinguish the difference between being beefy, stocky, thicc and obese. Yet another fantastic artist. I am so glad the internet continues to give voice and exposure to so many artists - writers, musicians, etc. Before the net, think of all those that perished in silence. Thanks for sharing. Kizzes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, beefy boys are my thing, too!
      I love thicc men. Yum.
      And yes! Even though limited by instagram's algorithm, these artists find their way to our screens.

      XOXO

      Delete
  10. I'm with you, I'm not a twink and I'm not even sure what a twunk is. I consider myself a Swank at 5'7. Or an otter. And while I don't like to get mushy, I can't lie I do like being held and hugged and spooned by a big old gym man in bed..when it to comes to AI art, there's some pretty amazing things being done. I think I like most of it because I have a very artistic visual mind, so I love the fantasy aspect of a lot of the work. Although the guys in this work are way too big for my liking. When it comes to the exaggerated male, I think I like Tom of Finland's work the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha
      A twunk is a twink that muscles up. I'm deffo not that. And I am with you with the incredible feeling of being almost engulfed by a big guy. It's sensual and sexy.
      And nobody can put Tom of Finland in a corner. It's a sure chub every time I open any of his books... And that's something that AI could try to achieve and probably fail...

      XOXO

      Delete

Post a Comment

Go ahead, give it to me.

Translate

Followers

Popular Posts

En otra lengua

  • Los estudiantes - Me encontraba todavía en el periplo familiar de lado a lado del Atlántico cuando todo comenzó. Noticias e imágenes aterradoras llenaban las páginas de ...
    13 hours ago
  • El amigo imaginario de mi madre. - Relato de Pablo Castignani Dicen que los niños suelen tener amigos imaginarios. Dicen también que algunos ancianos llegan a comportarse como niños....
    2 days ago
  • Revolución en marchas - [image: Venezuela: Dos marchas pacíficas, ¿y todo sigue igual? – SurySur] En enero de 2001 un capricho de Hugo Chávez propició la inauguración de las m...
    5 days ago
  • WE CAN'T BE FRIENDS - Ariana Grande me pilló a mi ya un poco... eso, grande (¿risas? ). Seguramente hace unos años se me hubiera hecho el trasero pesi-cola con ella y la notic...
    2 weeks ago
  • - En los días que se han convertido en años, en tiempo que transcurre y sin entenderme a mi mismo en mis angustias, en mis silencios, en mis ruidos que no c...
    4 years ago

Restricted to Adults

Restricted to Adults
Under 18? Beat it. Now.