Go back in time

Show more

Top Three


You may not be aware of it, but RuPaul's Drag Race (the Emmy winning/Emmy nominated reality series) is about to finish its fifteenth season. I know! It seems it was just yesterday when it was a niche show on Logo. But it's been one hundred Drag artists now who have been in the show and these are the top four contestants in season fifteen: @IAmAnetra, @ SashaColby, @MistressIsabelleBrooks and Lux. And just like that you know who my top three are. 

I don't like Lux not because she may not be good, but because she comes across as pedantic, petulant, uninformed and petty. Also immature. Half-cooked. I don't like her the same way I despised Kandy Muse in her season Pearl in her season and Tyra Sanchez (who now goes by another name, I think) in her season. I seldom get invested on the contestants (I do follow some and their shenanigans on social media, but that's about it) but some are just too fucking obnoxious and abysmally stupid to ignore. Of course we don't see who these people are in real life when we watch a reality series (that is a TV program first and a Drag contest/pageant second) but some performers are just too fucking annoying and they get on my nerves. So no, Lux. No go.

If I were to choose, I'd say Sasha Colby could be the winner, very closely followed by Anetra. As performers, those are the two I would most likely spend money to go see. Mistress Isabelle Brooks? Maybe. If it's cheap. Lux? Never. I would not go see her even if it were free. Some Ru Girls are just not my cup of tea. BTW, there were supposed to be only three finalists but Ru pulled a... Ru and then there were four. I'm glad, because from my point of view (and I'm a consumer of Drag, I am not a Drag professional like Maddie, natch) Anetra and The Mistress were not to be disqualified. Ru seems to like Lux and after all, it's RuPaul's Drag Race, not Sixpence's Drag Race, right??

So this Friday will be the reunion of all the contestants and I expect a whole lot of cutting and ki-ki-ing and shade thrown in many directions. But that's part of the job. Then in two weeks we'll get to see the finale (that has apparently already been filmed) and I'm ready for it.

Meanwhile, enjoy the four finalists, who earned a place (with verse and all) in RuPaul's remix of Blame it on the Edit, a diss track for the ages. We all know that any contestant who takes part of this competition will see their lives changed (just the exposure is enough to catapult relatively new Drag artists to the stratosphere of the Drag world) but it's nice to be in the top four.

XOXO

Comments

  1. I don't have cable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dave, dear.
      I don't have cable, either. I bum all these series from friends.

      XOXO

      Delete
  2. if you take a look here you'll see how much Anetra is cute also as a guy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yes.
      Anetra is cute both in and out of drag. Very chill personality. I hope she wins.

      XOXO

      Delete
    2. cute guy nice person.

      Delete
  3. Of course I'm rooting for my girl Mistress Isabelle Brooks. It's rather appalling after 15 seasons a big girl has yet been crowned by Ru!!!!! Even in all her franchises, Lawarence Chaney is the only big girl crowned?!?!? But I don't think Mistress Isabelle will get the crown. I think it's going to be Anetra.The dancing and fashion...my gawd!!!!! I'd be happy with that. Sasha is excellent, but she is already so huge and well known, I don't know it will benefit her as much as one of the other three, in the eyes of the judges.

    Can't. stand. lux. Period. How dare she not get called out when her looks felt to me the same feel and look all season. all leg, flat chest, slits up the leg, skin skin, skin, sleeveless, backless, mid drifts, strips of material hanging ...I only recall really two totally different looks. Yet other queens called out for not switching it up???

    I called this top 5 from the beginning. The show is getting very predictable for me. But my money is on Anetra. It was a good season though. And I was tickled when Salina Es Titties stopped by the blog!!!! We have been dm ing each other. She was my surprise this season I told her. She is a HOOT.

    And Tyra Sanchez gave up drag to my knowledge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG The Mistress is a riot.
      I think performance wise she's missing one or two steps, but I LOVE her Drag. And her face is always BEAT! Anetra is my fav, too. But i cannot rule out Sasha: the poise, the personality, the moves, the DRAG! Very complete, that one.

      And same with Lux. She's too yappy for my taste. All noise, very little substance. And Maddie, babes. You KNOW this world. Of course it's easy for your to weed out the filler. I thought Selina was gonna stay longer, though. She was literally the narrator of the series!!!
      Tyra Sanchez needs to stick to her meds.

      XOXO

      Delete
    2. Yes, Salina did pretty well. I thought she may get top five....but she made the top six. I figured either her or Loosey ...would be close for top five, one of the other.

      Delete
  4. Big says,
    Haven't been watching this season - at all. Maybe it's because of what you and Maddie both indicated... After 15 seasons, perhaps things have gotten stale. Ru needs to find something to freshen up and change out the schtick. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH, Big.
      It's been so much fun! Lots of great performances. Hopefully, it'll go on the streamers sometime soon. It's been fun. And it's had some surprises. And you know Ru is gonna shake up the formula but she's gonna keep it. You know it's given her a LOT of paper!

      XOXO

      Delete
  5. I agree; t should'a been a Top Three with Lux hitting the bricks. I am leaning more toward Anetra and then Sasha, but it would be great, as Maddie pointed out, to have a big girl win.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU!
      I think Lux is kind of the 'new' girl in the block and Ru liked her. I think it's gonna be Sasha or Anetra, though. But Mistress could give us a surprise.

      XOXO

      Delete
  6. I'm still pissed off that my big girl Ginger Minj didn't win like 10 years ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Debs!!!!!! She was so totally robbed. And she had raw natural talent for every challenge. I mean there's not many queens that can sing with their own real voice. She really encompassed all the talent needed for those challenges that season.

      Delete
    2. Totally agree here.
      I thought she was going to win. The manfriend is re-watching old seasons and I saw her interview when Violet won. She was SO GOOD that season!

      XOXO

      Delete
  7. Enjoy the drag final four and may the best queen win. Happy weekend, Sixpence.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha
      Thank you, Mr Shife! I am looking forward to the finale!

      XOXO

      Delete

Post a Comment

Go ahead, give it to me.

Translate

Followers

Popular Posts

En otra lengua

  • Sembrar sin miedo - [image: Todo sobre el cultivo de la amapola - Jardinatis] [image: Secuestran 41 plantas de marihuana en el barrio Lavalle de Viedma – Policía de Rio...
    19 hours ago
  • Los estudiantes - Me encontraba todavía en el periplo familiar de lado a lado del Atlántico cuando todo comenzó. Noticias e imágenes aterradoras llenaban las páginas de ...
    1 day ago
  • El amigo imaginario de mi madre. - Relato de Pablo Castignani Dicen que los niños suelen tener amigos imaginarios. Dicen también que algunos ancianos llegan a comportarse como niños....
    4 days ago
  • WE CAN'T BE FRIENDS - Ariana Grande me pilló a mi ya un poco... eso, grande (¿risas? ). Seguramente hace unos años se me hubiera hecho el trasero pesi-cola con ella y la notic...
    2 weeks ago
  • - En los días que se han convertido en años, en tiempo que transcurre y sin entenderme a mi mismo en mis angustias, en mis silencios, en mis ruidos que no c...
    4 years ago

Restricted to Adults

Restricted to Adults
Under 18? Beat it. Now.