Go back in time

Show more

Let's talk about Facebook and Twitter....


I am not on social media. I kindly despise it. Goddess, I think I'm gonna end up like Lurkie.

And yes, you could argue that Blogger is kind of social media (with the added danger that I talk about dick a lot and that Google knows what I like and where I go online) but in essence, it's more curated than let's say, Facehook or Twatter. In those sites, the drone of fuckery seems to be deafening and the mining of information is relentless. Here, I can choose what I read or not and I don't have my feed fucked up with advertisers pushing their products constantly. And I can block the trolls.

The thing is, if you are on Facehook, it seems you can claim some dough because bitches done messing up with your information. Because Facehook is not free, hunny. YOU are the product: they leech off your info and they sell it. Don't believe me? Well, then why are they paying more than seven hundred mil in damages?

Facebook parent company Meta has agreed to pay $725 million to settle a class-action lawsuit claiming it improperly shared users' information with Cambridge Analytica, a data analytics firm used by the Trump campaign.
The proposed settlement is a result of revelations in 2018 that information of up to 87 million people may have been improperly accessed by the third-party firm, which filed for bankruptcy in 2018. This is the largest recovery ever in a data privacy class action and the most Facebook has paid to settle a private class action, the plaintiffs' lawyers said in a court filing Thursday.
Meta did not admit wrongdoing and maintains that its users consented to the practices and suffered no actual damages.

So...

If you were among the millions of account holders on the world’s largest social network in the U.S. between May 24, 2007, and Dec. 22, 2022, you may be owed a piece of that settlement. You have until Aug. 25 of this year to submit a claim, which can be done by mail or filling out an online form.

Get that money, honey! Suckerberg will never admit any wrongdoing, so you might as well use that money to treat yourself and somebody you like to a very nice dinner. If you are interested, go to https://facebookuserprivacysettlement.com/ . I'd like to see Suckerberg scratch those seven hundred million paper cuts. And what are they gonna do to you? You already gave them all your info and photos, so...

Go get that coin!

@WB



XOXO



Comments

  1. I will admit to having a Instagram. I feature far more of my own pictures from gardening, cocktails, interiors, hump days, and travels that don't make it to the blog, and some of my blogger friends like that they can see the pictures when I travel and not wait till the blog post. But I'm very up and down with it. And I don't really promote it, hence no inter linking on my platforms. Blogging in my mainstay. And the Lad set up a naughty twitter, but I'm so no admitting to that. And won't use it. I can still do that on Insta with special DM's. Xersex and a few others know!!!!

    Can I submit a claim anyway even if I don't have a Facebook? I just want to screw Fuckerburg out of more money!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha
      Even though Facehook owns insta (they're Meta now) I think you do need to have been on FB during a period of time to get the dough. And I kinda love you have an Insta. Your photos are awesome.
      And I can imagine Xersex getting the goodies! That boy is naughty!

      XOXO

      Delete
  2. I use Facebook sparingly, mostly to communicate with friends and family via Messenger; as for Twitter, it's good for getting news in real time and I do like the idea of calling Large Marge a c_nt every so often.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same as so many people!
      I think even my sister has a FB account, probably for the Messenger. And I like twitter. It's like Tumblr little nasty cousin.
      And calling Large Marge a cunt is a privilege.

      XOXO

      Delete
  3. I've never been on Facebook, while I'm on Instagram here and on twitter here but I never post pictures of my person and my life. Exclusively photos taken from the net. So no one can steal anything from me, because what I post is not mine. More than anything, I'm interested in seeing other people's profiles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are not missing anything.
      And I love your Insta! Are those reposts? A friend uses a repost app so he does not get in trouble with the owners of the photos (they can get mad at you). They may be from the 'net but IG is VERY peculiar about claims.
      And I like your twitter cause it has age-restricted content. I love smut.

      XOXO

      Delete
    2. For me, Mr Zack can go fucked! I feel so smart!!!

      Delete
    3. Hahaha
      That's the spirit!

      XOXO

      Delete
  4. While I have been on Facebook for some time and have already filed my claim to what will likely be a tiny bit of those millions I do use Messenger for a lot of global messenging. Sadly, if I delete and close my Facebook account I would also loose access to messenger. I learned that the hard way when I closed my Instagram account and suddenly had no facebook a year or so ago. But this is important information for any of those who thought it was a safe space.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There you go!
      Glad you got a tiny bit of those millions. And I understand that FB does have some usefulness (Messenger) but I detest it. And I can't believe you closed your Insta. You can create a new one using your FB password. They are both owned by what they call now Meta. It's still Fuckerberg, though...

      XOXO

      Delete
  5. I'm on both and my motto has always been "post at your own risk."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha
      I have seen your insta. And the one thing I love about twitter cause it's smutty.

      XOXO

      Delete
  6. Anonymous5/25/2023

    HuntleyBiGuy:
    I don’t “do” social media, in that I have Twitter and instagram accounts, but I don’t post. I’ve never done Facebook, but I’m sure Google has plenty of data on me from my email and searches. I do encourage those with Facebook accounts to file a claim. You may get enough to get a bag of chips.

    XOXO 👨🏼‍❤️‍💋‍👨🏽

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Google has plenty on us.
      I know why is it that Lurkie despises it so much. I have Chrome tailored to get as little from me as it is humanly possible. I cockblocked their stalking ways.
      And yes, EVERYBODY should file a claim.
      Fuck Suckerberg.

      XOXO

      Delete
  7. Big says,
    I don't use Twattler. I have an account that sits out there with maybe 5 posts. Crackbook is a different story. I use it to keep up with the goings-on of the local arts scene because that's what they all use. But as Beau states, once administrative and legal fees have been deducted in these big class actions, the typical result is a claimant getting a few pennies each. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha
      Love it. And Crackbook has its uses because it has insidiously enmeshed in so many people's lives it's almost too much work to let it go.
      And I don't care if I were to get ten cents. Suing the motherfucker is canon.

      XOXO

      Delete
  8. Love bugs bun bun. Hate Facebook. I was on it for two days and quit. Hated it right out the gate. I do Twitter - for the blog - not that it's all that successful. Twitter is a rabbit hole. I avoid looking at what comes up in the feed because an hour can go by that way and my life and time are to be used for other things. Which is why I have no time for social media. So much of it is garbage... not unlike 52% of the population - which also helps explain why it's so toxic and such a waste of time. I recently read that 30 to 50 percent of the population has no inner dialogue - nothing going on up there. So they don't evaluate. They don't consider. They don't self-define. They merely consume. It's mindless - and that's what's at the heart of what is wrong with - not only social media - but the world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hatebook is nefarious.
      Twatter is not much better, especially now with Elmo fucking it up. And I would understand using either for promotion or like many people here, to keep in touch with family and groups.
      I agree with your statement of up to 50% of the population with no inner dialogue: social media fills up that void. Terrifying.

      XOXO

      Delete

Post a Comment

Go ahead, give it to me.

Translate

Followers

Popular Posts

En otra lengua

  • Sembrar sin miedo - [image: Todo sobre el cultivo de la amapola - Jardinatis] [image: Secuestran 41 plantas de marihuana en el barrio Lavalle de Viedma – Policía de Rio...
    7 hours ago
  • Los estudiantes - Me encontraba todavía en el periplo familiar de lado a lado del Atlántico cuando todo comenzó. Noticias e imágenes aterradoras llenaban las páginas de ...
    1 day ago
  • El amigo imaginario de mi madre. - Relato de Pablo Castignani Dicen que los niños suelen tener amigos imaginarios. Dicen también que algunos ancianos llegan a comportarse como niños....
    3 days ago
  • WE CAN'T BE FRIENDS - Ariana Grande me pilló a mi ya un poco... eso, grande (¿risas? ). Seguramente hace unos años se me hubiera hecho el trasero pesi-cola con ella y la notic...
    2 weeks ago
  • - En los días que se han convertido en años, en tiempo que transcurre y sin entenderme a mi mismo en mis angustias, en mis silencios, en mis ruidos que no c...
    4 years ago

Restricted to Adults

Restricted to Adults
Under 18? Beat it. Now.