Go back in time

Show more

Gloria Gaynor!


Oh yes. Pride.
So I went to the Chicago Pride parade and it was a blast. I love Pride parades and festivities and always try to go. The more, the merrier and the more visible we are. And get this: we went with a bunch of straights. We were even a minority in our group, because it was mostly allies: girls outnumbering the guys, but hey. We even had a kid in the group. How about that? 

BTW, only the Dems showed up at the Parade, of course. We fangirled over the Governor, the Major and the Secretary of State. The advantages of living in a Dem state, I guess...





So it was fun, and it was hilarious and it was exhilarating. Sharing a safe space like Pride with all kinds of people is always fantastic. The straight allies, the Kinksters, the Leather Daddies, the Dykes on Bikes, the Trans people, the Weirdos, the Banana Republic gays, the A-list gays, the Gaylings, everybody. I saw a little bit of most everything that is the LGBTQ+ umbrella. It was fantastic to see the Aces and the Bisexuals walking around wrapped in their flags. I loved complimenting everybody on their attires (I got some compliments about my Drag Is Not A Crime t-shirt) and it was a joy watching everybody strut in their best Gay. Watching people enjoying being themselves is an amazing experience.

We also screamed GAY! GAY! GAY! every time somebody walked by with a 'Say Gay' sign. It was a riot. And no, I did not mind the children (we had one with us!) and I really did not see any wingnuts (some people squirreled behind us saying something about 'salvation', but I really did not pay attention? I was busy watching some very buff, very hot servicemen who were right across the street from us. It was a day to celebrate being Queer, with a capital Q. And that I did.

Marsha and Sylvia would have approved.

Happy Pride!

XOXO



P.S. some of the many, many photos I took. Sorry, I did take some selfies but I was with other people who did not give me their permission to be posted on this den of iniquity! Hope they give you an idea of how the Parade went...













































P.P.S. I'll probably be gone until Wednesday. Long weekend!

Comments

  1. Enjoy your long weekend. Share the dirt when you get back! Glad you had a lovely time at pride. It's great seeing everyone represented... and I really enjoyed that vid. PRIDE is for everyone and I have grown weary of listening to those who think otherwise. If we expect the world at large to tolerate, evolve and embrace us... then we need to do exactly that within our own ranks. As long as it comes from a place of love? It's alright by me. Division kills. It kills people's souls. It kills enthusiasm for life. It kills a good time! Glad you had one. Kizzes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha
      It was fun! We even had a tornado warning with sirens, rain and terrible winds. We ended up in that other neighboring state. Kentucky? The one filled with bigots, whose governor is not bigoted enough?
      And Pride IS for everybody. If anybody thinks it's for 'passing' LGB, they're wrong. If we don't love our peers, how in the hell are we gonna love anybody else?

      XOXO

      Delete
  2. Anonymous6/30/2023

    HuntleyBiGuy:
    Glad you had a great time, babe. And with the brief shower, it illustrated how sexy Lexi, our Secretary of State is. I love that the governor’s float said “In Illinois we say Gay!”

    And representation absolutely matters. This community is diverse in sexuality and culture. We need to flaunt it.

    XOXO 👨🏼‍❤️‍💋‍👨🏽

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous7/03/2023

      HuntleyBiGuy:
      And I did notice that Oscar Mayer changed the name of the Wienermobile to the Frankmobile. Who’s Frank?

      Delete
    2. Oh, Sexy Lexi has got it going on. I want him to renew my license.
      JB was there, too. He's surpassed my expectations.
      And I had no idea they have changed the Wienermobile's name?

      XOXO

      Delete
  3. Very Nice, but I have to tell you, the girls outnumbering the guys is normal here in Harrisburg, too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah.
      That was kind of an afterthought, but it's true. Maybe girls are less judgmental and have more gay friends??

      XOXO

      Delete
  4. Thanks for sharing all the photos! Glad you had fun! Happy Pride!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Big says,
    It's a wonderful thing when an entire community can celebrate together --- and mean it! Wherever you are off to next, have a most excellent time. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely!
      It needs to be a COMMUNITY celebration. And it was a blast.

      XOXO

      Delete
  6. Love the pictures, love the fun, love the Pride, but, um, maybe next time give me a head's up so I can come to Chicago and follow Alexi Giannoulias in the parade and dry him off as he sees fit.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know Bob...he may be otherwise tied up in bed with me.....

      Delete
    2. Hahahaha
      Oh, Alexi did have a ton of people behind him. That wet t-shirt worked wonders!

      XOXO

      Delete
  7. Now you know I love the huge Pride gown!!!! I'm off for a few days myself...right after the Pride Climax!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!
      I loved all the girls braving the heat in fab gowns and full makeup. Some amazed us working that pavement in stilettos!
      Hope you had fun, too!

      XOXO

      Delete
  8. i swear, you and my Mistress should have done a Pride tour reality series.

    but you two around Alexi Giannoulias? you'd be sharing his pes and cock like a lollipop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha We should do that next year!
      And Alexi is quite the morsel! We were all hooting and hollering at him and he smiled. Pretty cool cat. I'd lick him all over

      XOXO

      Delete
  9. Anonymous7/03/2023

    Nada que ver con aquellos de hace 25 años saliendo de la Unidad Deportiva Atanasio Girardot, no con la del Orgullo de Madrid (ayer con un millón de asistentes -¡y los millones!). No se puede dejar de reivindicar derechos a la libertad, a la personalidad, a la individualidad, al respeto (no me gusta el concepto "tolerancia"). Y más en tiempos que le vemos las orejas al lobo de la ulttradrecha recalcitrante. Abrazos y besos arcoiris mana.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Acordate!!!
      Me ha dado un yeyo chiquito pensando en eso. Y Madrid siempre es una fiesta, no? Muy necesario ahora que la Derecha está desatada en Europa. Mira a Italia..
      Mil picos, Turo.

      XOXO

      Delete
  10. I'm soooo gay!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so proud to be gay and so thungry and thirsty of sex, dickS, cum ...
      Thanks God, I'm gay!

      Delete
    2. Hahaha Same, Sersex, same.

      XOXO

      Delete

Post a Comment

Go ahead, give it to me.

Translate

Followers

Popular Posts

En otra lengua

  • Sembrar sin miedo - [image: Todo sobre el cultivo de la amapola - Jardinatis] [image: Secuestran 41 plantas de marihuana en el barrio Lavalle de Viedma – Policía de Rio...
    8 hours ago
  • Los estudiantes - Me encontraba todavía en el periplo familiar de lado a lado del Atlántico cuando todo comenzó. Noticias e imágenes aterradoras llenaban las páginas de ...
    1 day ago
  • El amigo imaginario de mi madre. - Relato de Pablo Castignani Dicen que los niños suelen tener amigos imaginarios. Dicen también que algunos ancianos llegan a comportarse como niños....
    3 days ago
  • WE CAN'T BE FRIENDS - Ariana Grande me pilló a mi ya un poco... eso, grande (¿risas? ). Seguramente hace unos años se me hubiera hecho el trasero pesi-cola con ella y la notic...
    2 weeks ago
  • - En los días que se han convertido en años, en tiempo que transcurre y sin entenderme a mi mismo en mis angustias, en mis silencios, en mis ruidos que no c...
    4 years ago

Restricted to Adults

Restricted to Adults
Under 18? Beat it. Now.