Go back in time

Show more

Oh, Democracy support...?

 


Yes, babes. 

We're all asking that same question. Here’s @RuthBenGhiat, who is a well-known historian, to give us some answers. She’s here to help us understand how the amount of fuckery that we face every motherfucking day is affecting the 'best country in the world'.

Oh yes. I put that in quotations. Because, honey, it's debatable, at this point. Especially with Cankles prepping the way to deny upcoming elections, ICE killing people in the streets and the Rule of Law almost a thing of the past.

Watch and learn. And then we'll talk.


XOXO


Strongmen - Mussolini to the Present : Ben-Ghiat, Ruth: Amazon.de: Bücher

Comments

  1. Anonymous7/15/2026

    HuntleyBiGuy:
    From Ruth’s lips to EVERYONE’s ears. We must act now and stop this movement.

    XOXO 👨🏼‍❤️‍💋‍👨🏽

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think she's very optimistic at the end, but she's the historian.
      I think Cankles is doing immense damage to this country.

      XOXO

      Delete
  2. Less talk and more action, in the streets, at the polls, online, everywhere.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find the Dems too sedated for the state of emergency we are living.
      Really. Too. Fucking. Polite.

      And if I meet anyone who decides NOT to vote, that's the last time they will see my face. Fuck them.

      XOXO

      Delete
    2. I couldn't agree more Six!!!!! WAY TO SEDATED! And they better wake up and watch who is getting elected in the last few primary elections....progressives! True progressive and the Mandani likes....and he is delivering on his promises. Unlike Jefferies and Schumer who are not and wouldn't even endorse him or lend help. The party best wake up and see what Dems want and start helping and supporting progressive not the Centrist dems or are two inches from being republicans, and vote way too much with them.

      Delete
  3. Big says,
    We can only hope she's right that we'll stop this coup and then REFORM the institutions that have started to crumble due to the SCOTUS. Thank goodness lower courts have stood up and begun using the SCOTUS rulings to stop the bullshit --- and referring his lawyers to their Bar associations for sactions is a very good start.
    WE must continue that and VOTE.
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think she's positive, but I dread she's too optimistic.
      The problem, like you said, requires reform. The American political system has been an honor system until now. When we have a mafia boss in the White House.

      XOXO

      Delete
    2. The political system and it's members is more fucked up and greedy then it has ever been. I still have no hope in any of it.

      Delete
  4. The USA (and any other country where the extreme right gains power) is in extreme danger. People CANNOT be complacent about what is at stake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's discouraging.
      The radical right/nazi fractions of government are taking over huge swaths of population everywhere. They love the grievances and the ignorance.

      XOXO

      Delete
  5. Anonymous7/15/2026

    Les éléments réactionnaires ont toujours été le problème, avec leurs faux récits et leur incitation à la violence. Ils méprisent la démocratie.
    -Beau Mec à Deauville

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Le Pen, am I right???
      She was SO FUCKING CLOSE in France. My friends there were terrified.
      Fascists everywhere.

      XOXO

      Delete
  6. I like Ruth, I follow her substack. Democracy will survive. Fascism always dies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's very intelligent.
      I follow her also.

      XOXO

      Delete
  7. Vote vote vote….

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IKR..?
      It seems so simple, yet a HUGE percentage of people just does not bother to do it.....

      XOXO

      Delete
    2. They will be sorry if they don't.... when they end up broke and can't afford anything, and have to decide whether to get meds or eat.

      Delete
  8. We have for years viewed other countries that didn't have a democracy and were in disbelief and disgust for what we saw and were grateful we didn't have a government like that. Yet....here we are. I still can't believe we let this happen. Next election every ass better be at the voting booths or mail in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IKR?
      But here we are. It's almost impossible to recognize this country now. I hope this situation wakes some people up. Now.

      XOXO

      Delete

Post a Comment

Go ahead, give it to me.

Translate

Followers

Popular Posts

En otra lengua

  • Cosas de heteros (II) - Decía mi abuela: “El amor es ciego, pero los vecinos no” cuando quería opinar ‘sutilmente’ sobre relaciones no convencionales. Por lo general, porque le...
    6 days ago
  • AHS NYC versus Fellow Travelers - Últimamente y de manera consecutiva se me han cruzado en el camino dos series que retratan una de las peores crisis que sufrió la comunidad gay durant...
    1 week ago
  • Compañías invisibles - Hoy amaneció lloviendo. La casa todavía estaba envuelta en ese silencio suave, que sólo conocen las mañanas de lluvia. La cafetera comenzó a cantar en la...
    1 week ago
  • Mirando la vuelta - [image: El showman, Abelardo De La Espriella: los actos de su campaña - La Silla Vacía] [image: Consejo Gremial rechaza invitación de Cepeda a dialoga...
    2 months ago
  • - Hoy camine algunas calles de la ciudad que habito, podría decirse que aunque la habito me siento ajeno, basta caminar o mirar las montañas para darse cuen...
    7 years ago

Restricted to Adults

Restricted to Adults
Under 18? Beat it. Now.