Go back in time

Show more

Oh, Symone...!

 


Sometimes it does pay to win a reality show contest. Especially an Emmy nominated one.

Not only for the fame and attention, but because sometimes just BEING is a statement worth making.

And don’t let the smooth taste fool you.

XOXO 

@Thesymone







Comments

  1. That would have been so much more interesting if she hadn't been wearing teddy bears. All I kept thinking of was "did she think it was necessary to upstage him so badly?"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, that just tells you that Symone, even in Drag, has better taste and style than a 'fashion' girl.

      XOXO

      Delete
  2. Lovelovelove everything about Symone!!! Her fashion ruled.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah!
      It was SO refreshing. Someone whit a point of view that had a social message and style? Gimme.
      She's also super pretty.

      XOXO

      Delete
  3. Big says,
    The opening lines say it all when it comes to fashion: "It's not about comfort." It's always been Fashion Over Function especially for women. It seems a lot of men are falling into that mindset.
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, I'm that mindset!!!!! I just attended a wedding for good friends. My navy blue suit was very fitted and showed everything off just perfect. Looked great. Never mind the fact I was uncomfortable all night.

      But it did pay off in a room later......

      Delete
    2. I am usually all for comfort (even tried pants with some stretch in them) but I have worn things that were not the most comfortable but they were beautiful, so there's that...

      And @Mads, I bet that suit came off easily.... LOL

      XOXO

      Delete
    3. Big says,
      Oh, no, I understand at certain times it is necessary, but on the daily???

      LOL. Showing off the goods was "function," Maddie. It served a purpose, didn't it???
      XOXO

      Delete
  4. I like her, but she is one queen, for some reason was one I could take or leave. And I can't put my finger on just exactly why. But she gots good stories and I agree with her...and guilty of fashion over function. In or out of drag its fashion first, function second, never mind the pants might be tight, or that sweater is fitted and can't breathe...who cares! And in drag when the feet hurt in heels, you just get thought it because you love drag so much. I recall many a night in shows or club parties...dancing in routines and it would feel like the feet would split open.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked her from the jump.
      She was unique in her season. When she wore that white dress with the bedazzled blood? I was in. Her crowning look? Loved it.
      I can imagine Drag IS uncomfortable. People are basically bending their bodies to change them. And walking in heels??? Cirque du Soleil level of effort for me.

      I have this pair of loafers from Lagerfeld in the most fantastic leather: one of them gives me blisters if I don't wear band-aids under my socks. And the socks have to be dress socks. But they're PRETTY!

      XOXO

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Galliano for Margiela, daahling!
      LOL
      She's fabulous.

      XOXO

      Delete

Post a Comment

Go ahead, give it to me.

Translate

Followers

Popular Posts

En otra lengua

  • Contradicciones - Quise escribir sobre la muerte de Gloria Steinem, pero otro obituario, en menos de una semana, da demasiada grima. Siguiendo el ejemplo de quien fuera...
    2 days ago
  • AGOSTO "UNPLUGGED" - Pasada la primera mitad del mes con los calores y el momento *eclipse*, que acaparó la atención en medio del ralentí y la calma chicha del verano, empeza...
    1 week ago
  • Compañías invisibles - Hoy amaneció lloviendo. La casa todavía estaba envuelta en ese silencio suave, que sólo conocen las mañanas de lluvia. La cafetera comenzó a cantar en la...
    1 month ago
  • Mirando la vuelta - [image: El showman, Abelardo De La Espriella: los actos de su campaña - La Silla Vacía] [image: Consejo Gremial rechaza invitación de Cepeda a dialoga...
    3 months ago
  • - Hoy camine algunas calles de la ciudad que habito, podría decirse que aunque la habito me siento ajeno, basta caminar o mirar las montañas para darse cuen...
    7 years ago

Restricted to Adults

Restricted to Adults
Under 18? Beat it. Now.