Oh, a Tribe..?
Oh yes.
You have one. Even when you say you don't. Because there’s always a group of people who dresses just like you.. also, take into account that almost all modern menswear derives from sport, work or war. Most of what you wear has one of those influences. Also keep in mind that in the XX century young Americans rejected the shackles of the bourgeoisie and embraced bikers, rockers, mods and modernists, beatniks and beats, drags and dandies and hippies and punks to name a few and all that translated to whatever it is that you are wearing right now.
So basically your jeans/cargo pants/ sweatpants/ T-shirts/ button downs make you part of a tribe. It’s very simple. And it’s very easy to realize which tribe or tribes we belong to just by looking at what we wear day in day out.
XOXO
HuntleyBiGuy:
ReplyDeleteYou know I’ve always chased the the next big trend in fashion 😜. My style is whatever is acceptable in the workplace. That means collared shirts and either jeans or chinos. Even though I work from home and rarely have a video call, that’s still what I wear, though almost exclusively jeans, with shorts in the summer. The weekends are usually T-shirts and jeans, with sneakers.
XOXO 👨🏼❤️💋👨🏽
Hahaha
DeleteYou can be quite the morsel when you use those jewel tones.
And you do like your chinos.
XOXO
I think I am multi-tribal because I dress for my mood and my destination.
ReplyDeletexoxo
But you do some office work, no?
DeleteI think you'd be stylish. Too much personalty to be bland.
XOXO
My style/tribe is "old-school-lez-who-doesn't-give-a-shit-about-girly-girl-fashion."
ReplyDeleteAnd we all love that for you.
DeleteI love me a woman who's not girly.
XOXO
Big says,
ReplyDeleteIn my dancing / theatre days, of course, everything was black --- or at least dark colors. But those were always, well, mostly, jeans and t-shirts and Capezios. During the next phase, the jeans stayed but the shirts were some variation of polo and loafers, and fundraiser duds was a tux. Nowadays, it is still jeans and t-shirts and sneakers, but at least I wear some color. LOL.
XOXO
Oh, same.
DeleteEspecially people who worked behind makeup counters in the early 'aughts. Black all the way. And I hung out with the Goth girls so yes.
But you DO have a tribe, then...
XOXO
My tribe
ReplyDelete?
Fat old git tribe
Oh, I've seen you being quite fashionable.
DeleteAlso, you did wear a uniform right?
XOXO
I have my own style and stick to it, and change to and fro depending on my mood. Of course, my close clan of friends seems to have a very naked style in the summer months, lol!!!!! As in naked. A lot.
ReplyDeleteOh, you've got your style down pat.
ReplyDeleteI think it's quite distinctive, but that's because you've got great eye.
And you always look good naked, natch.
XOXO