Go back in time

Show more

HEAV3N SUSPENDED









I have written about SOPHIE Xeon here before. Back in 2019 she blew me away during that Luis Vuitton show. I kept up with some of her many successes: Charli XCX, Madonna, Rihanna. She was very in demand. She was hauled as an innovative creator. A fantastic, Grammy nominated producer and an incredible artist. She passed away this past weekend. She was 34.

The world has lost a fantastic artist and someone who inspired many a queer, trans and gender non-conforming kid. She broke barriers and showed what being unique could mean to many, many people. In her own words:

Asked by Paper in 2018 to parse the difference between the artist’s own experience as a trans woman who’d ultimately forgo all pronouns and the overarching world’s grappling with the subject of gender, SOPHIE offered: “It’s tradition. If you’re straight from the factory, your life should have a certain look and come with a certain short list of factors that you have to fulfill in your own way. But because of the body that you’re born into, it’s your obligation to satisfy as many of those as possible and that defines being successful.”


Being innovative was her raison d'être. Being technically proficient was not enough. She needed to make her ideas pop. It was her gift. Not only when creating her own music, but when she produced other artists. Some people would dismiss her music as soulless or 'overproduced'. But she was a talent that did not fit the mold. 


She will be missed.
Rest in glory, Angel.

XOXO









Comments

  1. Such a talent and a powerful voice for the community. It’s a shame it’s been quieted much too soon.

    XOXO 👨‍❤️‍💋‍👨

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely. It's such a loss.
      It made me sad.

      XOXO

      Delete
  2. Unfortunate. They're saying she lost her footing while standing on a balcony in Athens, trying to watch the full moon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So absolutely random!
      It makes me freak out because I've seen people I love do silly, harmless shit like that all the time! Freaky.

      XOXO

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. So, so sad.
      So random.
      So unexpected.
      But such is death, I think.

      XOXO

      Delete
  4. Yes, I saw this news online but I didn't know who she was, so thanks for educating me. Very sad, so young.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Debra.
      She was so bright, so creative. Such a loss.
      She was so fucking young!

      XOXO

      Delete
  5. Saw this also on-line. However, I sadly didn't know who she was. Rest In Peace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad her passing has made the news.
      She was like this big secret come music nerds had. She collaborated with tons of artists and changed the way people listens to electronic music, IMHO.

      XOXO

      Delete
  6. Very sad. So young. And talented. If true, and she slipped from a balcony while trying to look at the moon? Well, and exit doesn't get any more poetic than that, dear. Thanks for sharing. Love her vibe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her youth freaks me out. When somebody so young dies, something in me just does not compute that info. Apparently, yes. She slipped, which makes the whole thing even more incongruent. Such a freak accident.
      You are right. It doesn't get more poetic than that. At least we have her music.

      XOXO

      Delete
  7. I've heard. 😏

    RIP, SOPHIE.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She was so very cool!
      Such a talent.
      I'm glad the news has spread.

      XOXO

      Delete
  8. Nice voice. Really. Over-produced? Doesn't sound that way to me. Very sad. But, I do agree with Upton...poetic end for a talented artist. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her voice was super cool. She started singing more lately.
      And yes, tragic and poetic.

      XOXO

      Delete
  9. I remember your post on her. I had seen a few things on her since...but still don't recall seeing her much. And certainly didn't hear of her death anyway. The famous seem to be checking out a lot this week. Way too young.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!
      We talked about her kind of being everywhere but under the radar. She did not go commercial but produced Madge and Rihanna and Charli.
      Way, way too young.

      XOXO

      Delete
  10. I was unaware of her until I read about her death. She will definitely be missed. RIP Sophie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, she will!
      I invite you to check her out online. Her music was sooooo cool!

      XOXO

      Delete

Post a Comment

Go ahead, give it to me.

Translate

Followers

Popular Posts

En otra lengua

Restricted to Adults

Restricted to Adults
Under 18? Beat it. Now.