Go back in time

Show more

Oh, Fegan...?


A long time ago, I met someone online. We are talking about that time when Tumblr was the thing and all the cool kids were microblogging. I met M in one of the many forums Tumblr bloggers met to avoid the incessant buzz of being 'Tumblr Famous'. So we clicked and we started talking for hours online. HOURS. He lived in Europe and I in the States, so meeting was not something we ever thought about doing. I could have gone to Europe or he could have come visit America, but it was not that serious. 

Until it got serious. He wanted a change. He felt stifled at home. I was into him big time. We were about the same age, starting careers and hungry about life. Then I came to my senses. I was not going to travel to Europe to meet someone who I've seen (we used to cam) but about whom I knew very little. I was not going to have him travel here to do... what? So we called the whole thing off. Cole Porter would have been proud. And I was relieved.

So this @TeganandSara documentary gave me equal parts dejà vu and slight PTSD. I also remembered dear Jon-Tomas and what he went through with his online beau...My advice? Keep an eye open. No, keep BOTH eyes wide open. One never knows...

And if you have Hulu, watch this documentary. It's scarier than the whole Huluween thing...

XOXO

Comments

  1. Having met Carlos on line lo those many many years ago, I was careful and made sure we got to know one another before any big moves were made. Now, of course, it went pretty fast from meeting in April online to me moving to Miami in October, but we covered a lot of ground in between and really got to know one another.
    And it worked, so it can happen, you just need eyes and ears fully open!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I've heard a lot about this doc and intend to watch it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting. Hulu has so much to offer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that story!!! I too have never met anyone online.....well except when I cam with guys on Chaterbait!!!! I have been talking to a really nice guy from Mexico for 2 years though. He looks sexy too. And at times it gets naughty. We met in my dms on my Instagram.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Big says,
    Online stuff can get truly out-there. I've had friends get scammed. This sounds absolutely disturbing. I would truly consider it suspect to hear from a celebrity.
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Go ahead, give it to me.

Translate

Followers

Popular Posts

En otra lengua

Restricted to Adults

Restricted to Adults
Under 18? Beat it. Now.