Oh, Pigalle…!
I would probably faint if somebody tells me I can go live in Paris. It would be fatal if they tell me I'd be living literally in the 9th arrondissement, I could not recover. I would also do like Debra and very quickly brush up on my rusty French. So thankfully for me, that's not happening any time soon. But it happened to Jean-Malo and Victor. And I'm kinda jealous.
This apartment is, of course, 'small' by American standards but I love what he did with it. It’s a combination of quiet elegance and retro aesthetic, something that most everyone could use as inspiration. I could not ask for more. BTW, my apartment is only a little bigger than this one, so I can totally relate.
XOXO
P.S. You can check his insta for inspo. It’s like a very chic Pinterest board.
I love the kitchen. It's gorgeous. It is a bit small and I might like an actual office space but ... I like the color of the bathroom but don't like the small tiles and all the grout lines. Great use of space and creating storage where you can.
ReplyDeletePlus, you know, Paris, though I'd prefer the Marais.
xoxo
I think the kitchen is perf. And I don't even cook.
DeleteI love the 'impermanence' of the office. Very post-pandemic.
And I'd love Le Marais or Belleville.
XOXO
At about 323 square feet, that is... tres petit; my living/writing room is 352 square feet. There are other arrondissements in Paris that are not as expensive.
ReplyDeleteI think the apartment is over 500 square feet, though.
DeleteMine literally just has one more bedroom and a powder room. And yes, of course there's less expensive neighborhoods there, but they are not as fab...
XOXO
Big says,
ReplyDeleteReally well done. He's very good at designing small spaces. No thanks to the fluted glass (have you ever tried to clean fluted glass??). Love the record player!
XOXO
P.S., The dog in that Insta collage....swoon.
He took advantage of every single square centimeter.
DeleteAnd I think fluted glasses are beautiful!!!
LOL I thought of you with the record player!
XOXO
Great design to maximize the usefulness of a small space, but that cramped kitchen would drive me nuts, I think. Not because it's small -- I've had galley kitchens that were just fine -- but because everything is enclosed in all that dark wood.
ReplyDeleteAnd you see, I think the kitchen is just ok. Not that I cook a lot, natch.
DeleteAnd I love everything out of sight. The whole open shelving thing that's trendy now drives me nuts.
XOXO
Un charmant pied-à-terre :)
ReplyDeletePour vivre dans le centre de Paris,
il faut y mettre le prix.
La place Pigalle est le quartier chaud historique, bien que ce ne soit plus vraiment le cas aujourd’hui.
-Beau Mec à Deauville
Très charmat, ne's-ce pas?
DeleteAnd yes, it is VERY expensive. It's like living in Manhattan.
XOXO
The space is great and enough for me. Only us Americans feel the need for more space and more space and then never use half the shit we accumulated or very seldom use some of the rooms if ever. I too love his place...and I could lie in bed between them and just listen to them read!!!!
ReplyDeleteSame.
DeleteI have tried to stay in a one-bedroom-solution for.a year now. I do have the extra bedroom (in case you come to visit!!) but I love this place.
And they are adorable.
XOXO
Nicely done. At first I wondered how two people could share that space, but I remembered that when we were first together, we shared a space not much larger and we were very happy.
ReplyDeleteHahaha
DeleteYes, it's cozy for two, but I lived in an efficiency all through grad school and then in a one bedroom for four years, so it's no biggie...
XOXO