Go back in time

Show more

Five to follow


I always try to give my money and my clicks to LGBTQ artists and musicians. Always. I think it's the only thing that the algorithms that brainless companies like YouTube, Facehook (thanks, Bob) and the such understand. That's also why I always post them here. One click means a lot for these artists and I'm happy to oblige. Talent is talent.

Also, most LGBTQ artists move in a circle that looks nothing like the circle in which commercial musicians like Gaga or Taylor Swift or Drake move in. The LGBTQ artist depends in a cottage industry that allows them to flourish and be productive. They don't have huge PR firms behind them helping them craft an image or slick production teams cracking out slick videos. Besides, in the times of COVID-19, their main revenue -live music- is basically non-existent. So yeah, I've bought their MP3s and I give them likes on IG and YouTube.

So here's five of the LGBTQ artists I have found myself most attracted to lately. Whether because their visuals are stunning or their lyrics super cool, or because their sound is sick, these five artists I think deserve a following. Give them a listen. Who knows? You may find your next fav here...

XOXO



Arca. Because there’s nobody like her making music. Nobody.



Chaz Cardigan. Remember him from the gummy bear filled tub? I do.




Chika. She’s also been on this blog. She sang for the class of 2020 in that virtual commencement that also had President Obama. Super cool.



Mikky Blanco. We say where this artist lives. Also, I posted about her collab with Shea Couleé and we saw her house here!




Troye Sivan. Ever since Bloom, he’s grown up a lot. And I'm a fan.

So that's that. Hope you enjoyed them (even if they're not rock and roll)!!

XOXO



View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Doña ⚧ Arca (@arca1000000) on




View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Chaz Cardigan (@chazcardigan) on








View this post on Instagram

A post shared by troye sivan (@troyesivan) on







Comments

  1. That’s quite an eclectic selection. Though I can’t say they all appeal to me there were a few that I did like. But we don’t grow if we don’t experience new things, do we. Thanks for exposing us to these artists, babe.

    XOXO 👨‍❤️‍💋‍👨

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha
      You know I like all kinds of music. And out there's something for everybody. I thought these five are super cool.

      XOXO

      Delete
  2. Love hearing new artists, especially if they are members of the community. Troye is easily one to watch. I hope he gains the traction he deserves. Mykki's cute and I like his vibe. Very original. Thanks for sharing these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right?
      There's so many talented LGBTQ+ artists! I want to support them all, but I can't. LOL
      Troye is great! I have his last album. Mykki has been doing some amazing work and collabs. She was also in Madonna's video for Dark Ballet.

      XOXO

      Delete
  3. Well, now I need to check these out .....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha
      I bet you'll find something you like.

      XOXO

      Delete
  4. I liked Mykki Blanco. And that was before I saw his photo that followed. I'm starting to get into face ink more and more......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!
      Very attractive. And a very eclectic sound. Very artsy.
      And I have something coming up about my changing perspectives when it comes to tattooed men, too..

      XOXO

      Delete
  5. I was mostly into Chaz Cardigan and Troye Sivan. They are close to what I like. I have never and very few times can take rap. Rap and country...... I definitely need to be in a certain mind frame to listen to. All thought that being said love Miranda Lambert and Lil Kim and Tweet. Fickle queen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Chaz and Troye are very accessible. They should get more airplay. I like hiphop more than rap, like Chika. I like the rhythm. Country... I like some of the old-school country. And aren't we all fickle queens?

      XOXO

      Delete
  6. Chaz Cardigan needs to get put on my playlist, he's... kind of rock and roll.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, he needs to be there.
      Go buy his album!

      XOXO

      Delete

Post a Comment

Go ahead, give it to me.

Translate

Followers

Popular Posts

En otra lengua

  • Le falta calle - [image: Gustavo Petro lanza pullas en su discurso de balcón este lunes 1 de mayo] [image: Ministro del gabinete del presidente Petro se atrevió a...
    15 hours ago
  • WE CAN'T BE FRIENDS - Ariana Grande me pilló a mi ya un poco... eso, grande (¿risas? ). Seguramente hace unos años se me hubiera hecho el trasero pesi-cola con ella y la notic...
    3 days ago
  • Errores garrafales - *Cuatricromía / Policromía *es, con sobrada diferencia, uno de los álbumes mejor logrados de Fangoria. No hay una sola canción que no se deje escuchar f...
    3 weeks ago
  • Llorad, llorad, valientes. Un texto de Irene Vallejo. - *El duelo hay que edificarlo sin prisa, con ritmos arquitectónicos*. Más y más, mes a mes. No es una enfermedad de la que curarse lo antes posible, sino ...
    4 weeks ago
  • - En los días que se han convertido en años, en tiempo que transcurre y sin entenderme a mi mismo en mis angustias, en mis silencios, en mis ruidos que no c...
    4 years ago

Restricted to Adults

Restricted to Adults
Under 18? Beat it. Now.